close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sportbike Front Brake Line Length?

Discussion in 'Mechanical & Technical' started by ddonacazx12, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Anybody know where you can look up the length of ss front brake line kits?

(spiegler, galfer, braking, whoever...)

:scratchea :banghead: :scratchea

After switching to later model radial mc and nissin calipers my lines are too long... Routing 'em GP style helped but it's a temporary fix at best, they're still too long up in the triple-clamp / head area.

With the news about the layoffs, I don't have an extra two bills to get another set custom made. I'm hoping I can find an out of the box set, the right length.

Thanks,

2. I had a horrible time trying to find the same information a couple of weeks ago. I finally just said screw it and went to CG and ordered a set of ss lines from Galfer. It's not too often that I get stumped looking for information, so if someone posts up I'd like to know too.

3. Too bad you are not near spokane I would tell you to go to house of hose up here they have made lots of stuff for me over the years. They could shorten it up and put a new end on it in nothing flat, and it would be the same if not better than new.

4. Spokane... , spokane...

(opens mapquest)

(click)

(typing)

HOLLY CRAP... long ride.

Well, thanks anyhow. It was worth a thought...

I think I'm gonna go with a set of HEL custom made ones. I've had two different people from HEL manuf/dist contact me within 24hrs (one from each coast :shock:) so they seem to have bitchin customer service and their product looks to be of good quality. (for the same price as off the shelf)

I'll give 'em a try and let ya know how it works out.

Thanks fellas,

5. Rippn

Rippn Human Race Qualifier<br>FREE and clean

the "HOUSE" rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd be real surprised if there isn't a hydraulic shop near you w/ ships,and big eqip. around the area.
    FREE and clean, Ripp'n

6. There's a similar hydraulics-supply place in the Tacoma area called "Williams Oil Filter Supply Company". They have done nitrous-hoses, fuel-hoses, and oiling-kit components for me - earl's, aeroquip, ect, etc.

...and of course, they do brake-lines too.

7. i have to ask, what is GP style routing?

8. cobra525

cobra525 WMRRA Sportsman of the year

Pm sent, to avoid the haters

9. (around the front of the forktubes, just above the fender... instead of back toward the radiator)
    :secret:

10. Well fwiw;

03 - 06 zx12r galfers are 30"/32"

(way too long if you have zx6/14 mc & cal)

rubber line from 07+ zx6/14 that came with my mc/cal 26"

measured the 12 with the new cal & mc got 25/27 or 26/28 depending on routing.

Ordered the new set from HEL.