Stolen 2008 ZX6R, Blue

Discussion in 'Westside' started by Tyson, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Tyson

Tyson
    Expand Collapse

Hi Everyone,

I walked out to my bike this morning to head to work and unfortunately the worst had happened - someone had stolen my bike. The thing that REALLY pisses me off is that I had just bough her a month ago (cash) and... I did not have insurance. To make matters worse, my bike had been parked in the secure underground parking garage in my building and the thief's not only just stolen my bike, but also stolen my friend Shelly's 2007 green ZX6R as well... Sucks.

I know the chances of getting her back are slim, but if you see my bike for sale on Craigs List, or out and about I would really appreciate it if you could let me know. I will upload a couple pics, but a couple key identifiers are a yoshimura exhaust, carbon fiber panels on the sides of the gas tank, a yoshimura sticker on the top right hand side of the windscreen (if you are sitting on the bike), and a dumonde tech sticker on the right side of the swing arm (again, if you were sitting on the bike). My friends bike is the green version of mine, also with a yoshimura exhaust. Thanks for you help friends.

-Tyson

p.s. - here is the flickr link to the pics I am uploading. http://www.flickr.com/photos/82792636@N02/7586344050/in/photostream

[​IMG]

#1 Tyson, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  2. peddy

peddy
    Expand Collapse

Plate number would help to.

3. Davidian

Davidian
    Expand Collapse

I will keep an eye out as well. But yes, a plate number would be helpful. Where abouts was your bike at, so in case I'm in that area I can keep a watchful eye out.

4. Tyson

Tyson
    Expand Collapse

As soon as I get home I will upload the plate number. The bike was stolen from down town seattle

5. Rock Dodger

Rock Dodger
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    Like an old guy.
    Reading about bikes getting stolen makes me kinda sick. I'm truly sorry for you and your friend.

6. Davidian

Davidian
    Expand Collapse

Cool, I will let my buddy who lives down town and rides too know once you post the plate number.

7. karnagebusa

karnagebusa
    Expand Collapse

sure thing brother.I drive/ride I-5 almost every day and will keep an eye open.You may get them back.

8. karnagebusa

karnagebusa
    Expand Collapse

do they have cameras in the garage??

9. Stringcheese

Stringcheese
    Expand Collapse

Ouch! With no insurance that's a pretty penny up in smoke. Best of luck getting it back.

10. gvtwest

gvtwest
    Expand Collapse

it's very interesting: there is a couple in Roseburg (Kirk and Shelly?) who have the same color scheme bikes (05-06 ZX6Rs). Blue (his), Green (her).

[​IMG]

11. Darvax

Darvax
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    GSX-R 600
    I had a bike stolen back in 2006, it's the worst feeling in the world. Sorry to hear about the theft. I hope the catch the bastards, but I doubt they will. The cop told me when mine was stolen the recovery rate is pretty much hopeless:(. If you get it back or get a new one look into stated and motorcycle insurance, it's really affordable (like $300 a year for me) and the took really good care of me when mine was stolen. Best of luck in the recovery of the bikes. I will definately be on the look out for you.

12. Tyson

Tyson
    Expand Collapse

Alright, my plate number is 0c3380. Thanks for all your help guys, really wising I had gotten my shit together and taken out a policy right about now... stupid. They do have cameras, I'm working on seeing if i can get the footage and should have it by tomorrow. And that is a crazy coincidence, blue and green. They were good looking bikes.

13. Davidian

Davidian
    Expand Collapse

Did you have any sort of theft device on it, like a rotor lock or anything? I know if someone wants your bike bad enough that wouldn't stop them, but I'm just asking. I worry when mine is outside even with my rotor lock on it. But like I said, I'll keep an eye out. I put the plate number in my phone.

14. Tyson

Tyson
    Expand Collapse

Yeah unfortunately I didn't. Figured that parking it underground in a gated garage would be good enough. They cut out the ignition switch and managed to break the steering lock as well. Its scary that this can happen, makes me really angry. I would have payed the price of the bike just to catch the guys doing it... Thanks for keeping an eye out man, I really appreciate it.

15. DanielE36

DanielE36
    Expand Collapse

Man that sucks,Sorry to hear that. Will keep an eye out on the East side

16. DanielE36

DanielE36
    Expand Collapse

Check thi out..
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcd/3143570921.html

2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - $1100 (Location)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2012-07-16, 2:17PM PDT
    Reply to: fxbwz-3143570921@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the most beautiful bike at the best price you can have it.You will fall in love with her as soon as you'll see it.
    •it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 3143570921

So apperently thisis not the only post this "dealer" has postedi found more but other were flagged. Last 4 on VIN would b really helpfull

Here is another one i found.. Now i know color is diffrerent palte location dont match and a few more But what are the odds of the same stickers on the same locations? Just saying a due had his R1 stolen before and someone found a identical bike on the same post..

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/mcd/3092988916.html

2008 Kawasaki ZX6R - $6995 (Tacoma)

Date: 2012-07-14, 10:24AM PDT
    Reply to: cqqst-3092988916@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

6327 miles on this clean ZX6R. Call Pat 253-686-5344 or call me at the store for easy 0 down financing today!! Just search Pat on craigslist to see all my bikes or visit me online at www.buyredline.com

#16 DanielE36, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  17. Tyson

Tyson
    Expand Collapse

The last 4 of the vin are 3210. Thanks

18. TimboSlice

TimboSlice
    Expand Collapse

Hey man go to google alerts and create an alert for the bike (with year and model), VIN and its parts. This way, if your bike or its parts are posted online you will know. Alerts can be delivered each day. So sorry about your bike, i cant imagine the feeling.

19. Luckowski

Luckowski
    Expand Collapse

All thieves must be shot!!!

Dudes, you really think the thieves are riding around locally with the license plates on???:tard:

They are probably disassembled right now being parted out on ebay or/and craigs, probably NOT localy.

The advent of internet sails is huge asset Godsend to scumbag car/bike thieves.

20. JCM5

JCM5
    Expand Collapse

Lesson learned - always insure your shit!

Seen too many theft reports lately makes me paranoid. Sorry to hear about this...