Straddleline race from yesterday 7-15

Discussion in 'Adventure Time' started by crxracer98328, Jul 16, 2012.

1. wasnt to sure how i would do on the new bike or how my starts would be with the rekluse with no manual override. you can watch the video and tell me if you think a rekluse is worth it. also thanks Lseca(gary) for coming out and watchin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtJPu90X2U0

2. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice job! What gear did you start in? I usually used 2nd or 3rd, but never was worse than 2nd into the first turn! :)

3. LSeca

I'll let CJ explain his technique, whatever it is, it works.

We have our very own Allessi here on the forums.

After the first corner, second pic is going into it at least 1.5 bike lengths ahead...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator
    Staff Member

Rekluse makes holeshots easy!! :)

5. LSeca

Ya, he is strong out of the corners too. I am going to get one. I wonder how your Christini would do with it..do you still need to slip the clutch off the line and out of corners?

To CJ's credit, there were others with them in various classes that saw no start advantage.

6. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator
    Staff Member

My Christini has one! :)

7. i start in 2nd and i am very picky about my gates as i was showing gary yesterday. i hold the front brake and rev until the clutch starts engaging( starts to shake the bike a bit) then as when the gate drops i just pin it and the rekluse does the rest! i saw a video of a guy with the new rekluse with the manual overide. he started in 3rd and just bounced his rev limiter and dumped it. he was blowing peoples doors off.

8. Nice work, that looks like a fun track.

9. jnicola

jnicola Shredical

If you want to go sometime later in the year when I'm not all broke-ified I'd be game to go! It was the first track I rode really, and it was a good amount of fun.

10. I'm on a tight budget too, probably stick around the Portland area. I'm hitting Mountain View this saturday.

11. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator
    Staff Member

I raced Supermoto, so I always started on pavement, but similar results. 3rd gear will work the same, as the Rekluse always slips the perfect amount to get into the powerband. It just depended how far the first turn was. Be careful though, it will start to do a burn out if you rev too much against the front brake!?

12. dude you have that triple no problem! if i can do it you can for sure. how many laps was this? i would like to come out for a race sometime

13. I want to say it was 6 or 7 laps. I don't pay attention till I see the white flag.