close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Supermoto riders - Feedback on Warp 9's???

Discussion in 'Track Time' started by stevieb, Dec 13, 2011.

1. I know a few of you are using these on your tards, any good or bad feedback on them?? Trying to make my mind up over a spendy set of Excel/Talons or a cheaper set of Warps that may do just as good of a job.... I know the rotors are kind of junk, mainly interested in wheel quality and customer support.

:scratchea

Thanks!!!

2. get em... guys on SMJ have been racing them for the last 4-5 years. Great results.. no bending/taco'ing etc..

3. Werd!

Hey, just an FYI for ya to consider this coming season... The Ridge (with the exception of the semi long straight) is a kick in the pants on a tard. Get out there! :mrgreen:

4. Pros:
    Inexpensive
    Great customer service now that they are under new management.

Cons:
    stock bearings are total crap.
    they're heavy compared to others.
    they usually come with a seventeen front vs a 16.5.
    Rear rim is usually a 4.25 vs a 5.

Other than bearing failure I was satisfied with what I got for the price.

BTW,

I've got a set for sale right now with worn slicks for A crf. 500 for the set.

5. Why (when you are ready to buy) is a good set of used Marchesini's so damn hard to find! :(

Thanks for the feedback on the Warps....still not real convinced. Especially since they seem to shy away from 5" rears. :roll:

6. motostrano is selling DNA wheel sets for less than the warp 9 sets right now.. Not sure if you are looking at new stuff as well but something to consider.

7. Yeah, I've seen the DNA's there too but not for Huskys :tard:

8. Will KTM wheels fit your Husky? If so, I have a pair of Black Behr's with one race slicks that I've been procrastinating on selling... PM me or email me (MDana87@gmail.com) if you're interested.

MD
    :rr:

9. I have a set of WARP 9 wheels on my DR650 Sumo-supermoto, I have no complaints and know at least one other who has raced his bike driven it as a commuter and gone for some long day rides with me, he also had no issues.
    You give up the Cush Drive on the DR650SE but it depends on which bike they are going on anyway.
    As far as durability/quality I have over 2500 miles on mine commuting, running back roads (gravel and paved), and also jumping curbs and behaving like an over aged hooligan.
    From what I’ve heard the Excels are better but also cost more, my $0.02 worth.

10. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator Staff Member

11. PeteN95

12. Hey Pete -
    I saw over on SMJ that you were going to run on some Michelin PP's for cheaper practice day options. How are those working out for you at PGP? Does the profile on them feel a little weird on the track?

:scratchea

13. PeteN95

Hi Stevie, That is my plan, but I am still working on burning up the Conti SM tires that came with my wheels. Besides being a cheapskate and the PPs coming in the 150 size that fits my 4 1/4" rim best, I really liked them on my SV at the track and they wore great, but we'll have to see how they do on my CRF? (or my Christini, if it ever gets here!?!?!)

14. No way!!! you're gonna give a 2WD a try in SM form??? I gotta see that!!! :mrgreen:

Cool about the PP's, I'd like to know how they do. Barry recently spooned on a big fatty Q2 for me that I was hopeful in using, but it was far too huge for the Husky so that was a total no go.

I think for wheels, I'm gonna play it safe and bump the rear up to a 5 incher. So many limitations on the 4.25 stocker :roll:

15. Where ? Where??? Oh wait.... those won't look good with "ORANGE" hehe :evil4:

16. PeteN95

17. shelbyguy

shelbyguy Picture Whore

18. Have you considered simply getting a 5" rim and re-lacing a stock set? Stock Husky wheelsets pop up pretty often and cheap too. Stock hubs are quite nice to have actually, never a problem getting seals or bearings just order from the OEM parts fiche.