Target fixation ?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by R6Roller, May 17, 2012.

1. #1 R6Roller, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  2. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    2003 Copper SV1K
    Messed up the previous corner exit, and made him early apex on that corner. Not target fixation IMO.

3. Yeah, he was doomed.

4. Misjudged the corner and faded off the road? Riding to hard on unfamiliar roads.

5. did you noticed .. he pourpously dumped the bike to prevent from going over the rialing ..

6. that looked rather painful. he explains what happened, if anyone can read in whatever language that was in lol. I have to say tho, while I agree with redkat, I think there was a mixture of a few more things. he ran wide on a few corners, indicating that he's probably riding above his riding ability on probably unfamiliar roads. as redkat said, he messed up the previous corner, and that probably made him lose his rhythm for the one where he crashed, but also judging by the lean angle, I'd have to assume, he probably did target fixate as well.

and with all that said... i may just be talking out of my a$$ lol

7. I'd say he failed on a lot of those corners, just a matter of time before this type of outcome. No way he purposely tipped over, just lean angle when his front tire touched gravel/grass. Just lucky he didn't fade out into oncoming traffic before this point. I sure hope an onboard camera on me would not look like this!

8. Damn it I forget people still like to use the from brake all the time even on gravel and grass lol.. well it saved him from going over the edge ....

9. He was lucky, if he continues to ride as fast and loose as he does, I doubt his luck will hold up. He should find a new hobby.

10. Dr. E

Dr. E Theoretical Propagandist

At least he had time to ride to other riders almost from the very start of this video. His main problem was he just simply ran out of skill (starting from when he got on the bike).

11. I don't know whats sexier in tims007's avatar, the Repsol CBR1000RR or that chicks ass. Can't... stop... staring...

12. I'll say it.........he only lasted that long because he was 250cc short of being a full gixxie squid.

And for those wanting to know the short Italian translation.

"I dude I was hitting some badass curves like a mofo. I was kicking ass on those curves when bam I hit some pesto!"

13. you should swing on over to his profile