Think you are the only one you can hurt?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Desvio, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Desvio

Desvio
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Think you are the only one you can hurt when you ride like an ass? Guess again!

Just a reminder: Save it for the track, high desert or that super secret road out in the middle of nowhere. Don't do it in the city limits.

Source: http://www.kptv.com/story/15141504/man-loses-leg-in-gresham-crash

2. jonathandowers

jonathandowers
    Expand Collapse

Ouch. There goes two lives ruined.

3. Sentor

Sentor
    Expand Collapse

Damnit.... poor Guy.... to lose your leg when you're just walking across a street heading home. What an asshole kid.

crashnfool likes this.
  4. 1shinysideup

1shinysideup
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    a barstool
    take the riders leg.

spolic and kenr74 like this.
  5. BusaDave

BusaDave
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    2015 CBR1000RR Repsol SP
    What an asshat. Because he wanted to be cool and ride really fast in town, he has ruined another persons life.

6. mustang1

mustang1
    Expand Collapse

Another dumb ass

7. Bluuu

Bluuu
    Expand Collapse
    Señor verde

I Ride:
    a motorcycle
    People that race around town and place others in danger through nothing more than pure stupidity are not my brothers, or my bretheren, or fellow riders. They are assholes that shouldn't be allowed to even look at a bike much less ride one.

8. Melbs5150

Melbs5150
    Expand Collapse

Wow, this is so sad.

9. fyrejunkee

fyrejunkee
    Expand Collapse

:rant This irritates me to no end. When you are irresponsible like that rider was, you aren't the only one you are putting in jeopardy. The rider needs to lose his license for a long time, plus do some jail time. Not to mention the lawsuit he needs to lose. Oh, wait, I know. He should help take care of and run errands for the rest of the life of the man whom he crippled. :angry7:

crashnfool likes this.
  10. nsrg500

nsrg500
    Expand Collapse

+1

11. West Seattle Cager

West Seattle Cager
    Expand Collapse

Thank You. After my father was killed by a drunk driver on Christmas Day 2007 in his S-10; the the drunk driver got three months probation and a suspended license for a year.

The laws for "excessive stupidity" are very light. Unless we get more strict on laws for hurting innocent people with "excessive stupidity" accidents like this will only happen more often while destroying more lives and costing society more money in Re habituation cost.

12. Desvio

Desvio
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

Our society and laws are getting very sad. If I went out and intentionally cut someones leg off, I would expect to get 20 to 40 years minimum. But if I'm a stupid fuck and go do something unlawful like this, and it results in someone losing their leg, I'm pretty much going to walk.

This I like, should be his life sentence!

crashnfool likes this.
  13. Debi

Debi
    Expand Collapse

So sad to hear about the pedestrian :rant But people ride and drive how they want. I can't bash the rider except for major laps in judgement :angry7:

All this bashing of riders for speeding and what not is kinda getting old. I will ride how I ride as should everyone else :mrgreen:

#13 Debi, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
    JDezle21 likes this.
  14. jnicola

jnicola
    Expand Collapse
    Shredical

I hope that both who are injured recover... however...

They don't have any witnesses, and it sounds like they have little evidence as to the nature of the situation. Sounds to me like they're fishing for a way to blame the rider, and can't actually prove it. They're doing so with a very leading statement.

15. Debi

Debi
    Expand Collapse

I so agree :angry7:

16. joshholland90

joshholland90
    Expand Collapse
    Training Wheels

Except that his lack of judgment RUINED the rest of someones life physically, mentally and financially, who was only 30 years old. but its okay, he was just "riding how he rides" And injured himself on top of it.

it almost sounds like you're taking the riders side here. wtf is wrong with you?

Deacon71 likes this.
  17. Desvio

Desvio
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

I disagree. Douche on bike speeds, douche on bike hits a pedestrian in a crosswalk hard enough to sever his leg completely. How in the hell do you consider that fishing? Is there a part of the mechanics of such an injury you don't understand? The difference between witnesses that saw him speeding, and no witnesses is whether they will be able to prosecute him on criminal charges.

18. rowlex

rowlex
    Expand Collapse

there is NO crosswalk at this intersection(IF you can even call it that. it looks like a 50mph road, with a T-style stop-sign control at the T).

regardless.... when i cross a street i make the fuck sure I will not be run over.

idiots who do not pay attention walking on the roadway are asking to get runover.

#18 rowlex, Jul 25, 2011
    spolic likes this.
  19. Debi

Debi
    Expand Collapse

Not saying I am taking the riders side. I am saying all the bashing on people for speeding on a bike or doing things on their bikes.

Yes it is very sad about the guy walking but we don't know the whole story like, was the light red for the rider or pedestrian?

All it takes is 45 mph to cut off a limb from a bike :scared

Oh and whats wrong with me is Degasit :nana

20. joshholland90

joshholland90
    Expand Collapse
    Training Wheels

Agreed. I hate people who run into the middle of a 5 lane highway and stand in the left turn lane, ect.
    but we don't know all the details here at all. Maybe the ped WAS at fault. After looking at the intersection I see that there is not light, or stop sign for the biker. And no crosswalk. Posted speed limit is 40 mph.

Its still really tragic that the guy will be crippled for the rest of his life :(

heres the link to the intersection where the accident happened.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQ8gEwAA

edit: They do state that "he was riding at a high rate of speed" which is after the fact so how they can really determine that other than tire marks or something, idk.
    And they do also refer to it as an intersection. Which it hardly is. Its a T intersection, just 1 stop sign for the road joining a 40 mph highway.

#20 joshholland90, Jul 25, 2011