ticket while going to coast

Discussion in 'Astoria' started by rohan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. rohan

rohan
    Expand Collapse

hey guys,
    im from Portland and today i got a speeding ticket in your part of the woods. I was wondering if its worth driving all the way to appear for my court date or should i just pay it ? I have only an illegal lane change on my record so far, can i try to vouch for traffic school ? iam 20 and this might mess up my insurance really bad.
    It was 83 on a 55, please dont bash me for it, iam already in a pissed off mood, and i was in a cager.

#1 rohan, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  2. rohan

rohan
    Expand Collapse

*bump* really ? no one ?

3. Buz

Buz
    Expand Collapse

Always fight the alleged citation.
    Tom Ellington, notguiltyagain@aol.com

Not cheap but it's way better in the long run to not have it on your record.

your welcome 8)

4. bwboley

bwboley
    Expand Collapse

might be able to get a driving class i did when i got a 55 in a 25 in tillamook when i was well in the 55 zone? lol

5. Fight it, at least you have a chance of getting it dismissed. I asked for an extension, the new court date was on a training day for "Offending Citer". No show officer, case dismissed.

6. Gotama

Gotama
    Expand Collapse
    WMRRA 1st VP

I Ride:
    a lawnmower
    that doesn't always work , the judge can just set a new date so that the officer can be there

just hire an lawyer to fight it for you

7. a109driver

a109driver
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, but it looks like I'm the first guy on the coast to see and answer this. I would come out and fight it too. Make a good day out of it. You might get lucky and the cop wont show. I fought one last year (w/o a lawyer). I didn't win, but I got it substantially reduced.