TTXGP to Race at PIR

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by 02Firestorm, Apr 12, 2011.

1. 02Firestorm

02Firestorm
    Expand Collapse

Some of you may already know, but the TTXGP recently announced a race on an OMRRA weekend at PIR, July 16/17.

Here's the article from the website:

http://www.egrandprix.com/news.php?id=190

Maybe with upcoming tax incentives we'll all soon be buying electric bikes for the street...

2. BobGPz

BobGPz
    Expand Collapse

Not with the mileage tax they are going to try and stick electric vehicles with, since they are buying less fuel (paying less taxes).

Regardless, I can't wait to see that TTXGP bike run at OMRRA this season.
    I believe it won the electric class at last years Isle of Man TT race :mfclap:

3. jnicola

jnicola
    Expand Collapse
    Shredical

It's something absurdly tiny... and it kind of makes sense. Most of the revenue for covering the cost of road maintenance comes from gas tax. Larger vehicles traditionally resulted in more wear, and also used more gas. It kept everything fairly proportionate.

With the introduction of hybrids and electric vehicles, the tax is no longer proportionate.

#3 jnicola, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  4. In my opinion, as a spectator, electric race machines are boring and won't catch on. I love the technology and plan on building one, its just missing a major part of the experience with no engine noise. I remember when the unlimited hydros moved to turbine engines. If anyone remembers, they used to call them "thunder boats". Now they're quiet and boring. When I saw the electrics run at Laguna Seca last year I was excited to see them but damn near missed them because they were so quite. After watching a few laps I got bored and walked. Electrics miss some of the needed ingredients to get your blood boiling like the smell of race gas or the audible sound of power. That being said, I'm glad they are coming here and plan on going if for nothing other than checking out the technology and talking to the teams/technicians. When the race is on I'll have time to go eat or take a nap.

5. fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred
    Expand Collapse

Tax breaks are crap. Just another way to get you to buy something you don't really want.
    Posted via PNW Riders Mobile

6. DucatiDon

DucatiDon
    Expand Collapse

I was one of the lucky racers on the ZeroS e-bikes....check out my racer blog on facebook for a race report. (I havent written it yet...) Stay Tuned!

7. DGA

DGA
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Link please.

Yeah last years electric bike race at Laguna was a bit flat. I think that would change with a bigger field. It's hard to match the roar of the GP bikes, cause it almost hurts with the ear plugs in.

8. BobGPz

BobGPz
    Expand Collapse

There were three guys on identical bikes that were swapping back and forth through qualifying and the race. While I'll admit the noise, or lack there of, was kind of ehh. The racing action however was actually pretty good.

Good job Don!
    [​IMG]

9. pdog

pdog
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    GSXR 750
    I was watching on the wall at the start/finish. The four of you were the best part of the race. Next time be sure to honk the horn every time you go over the finish line.