Vinyl wrap a bike?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by IllN, Mar 25, 2010.

1. IllN

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with vinyl wrapping a bike? I think I might try it, but I'm wondering about how much of a PITA it's going to be.

2. Use the search feature..

Burphel likes this.
  3. [edit] Ooops, totally missed it. That's what I get when I should be working instead of surfing.

#3 Desvio, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  4. Huh?

5. IllN

Um, okay looks like oregonrider did his tail last month...and that's about it.

BUT

Maybe there are other people who didn't make threads about their vinyl, or helped a friend, etc.

Thanks for nothing.

6. IllN

No, I'm looking at doing it as an alternative to painting.

7. Think the OP is refering to graphics. Vinyl wraps are cheaper than a custom paint job and can look really nice if done right.

I know I've seen a youtube video before. 2 guys, a heat gun, and lots of patience seems to be the key.

8. PM 'rookie' here in the board, he just finished some awesome looking vinyl.

9. You're welcome.

Mmm hmm... And how'd you find that thread? lol.. Give a man a fish and he won't be hungry for a day. Teach a man to fish on PNW, and he'll return the favor by being an ungrateful little bitch. God.. Is it summer yet?

10. IllN

11. IllN

Blah, blah, blah. You're on a forum, get used to it. :thefinge:

evander likes this.
  12. I have my tail wrapped in flat black vinyl

works awesome, ill try to post a pic later

I know a guy who will do it, you have to use good vinyl so it does get a little expensive, and its only a pain in the ass for the guy wrappin it !

13. By clicking on it like every other thread link in the New Post section, now, we're having a conversation and unless you have anything else worthless to add we'd like to continue. kthanx.

It was great, that is until I used it to ride to cali and it got a million rock chips and scratches on it.

What do you have in mine for the bike?

14. I had a guy here in Spokane wrap my sportbike and it looks like shit :angry7:

The vinyl is pealing up and bubbling where he pulled it to tight. Make sure you see work they have already done. I almost get the feeling that this was his first bike and he had no clue... I'm going to have to pull it all off and start over... :banghead:

15. I've got plenty of worthless things I can add. :roll:

If that's out of our systems.. I told the guy to use the search feature because I know i've seen several different posts in the last year or so about vinyl wrapping. His (and yours) choice to get pissy about someone trying to help, just not in the way that was expected.

16. KevinD

KevinD Moderator
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    On two wheels
    Wrap a bike in vinyl?
    It's not like it's gonna lose weight...

My personal experience with vinyl is much like Vanillabean's, and it was installed properly. The vinyl simply didn't weather well.

KevinD

17. if you've got some cash, there is a place in Battle Ground, WA that can do it. They've done bikes and helmets. The place is called Battle Ground Printing, if I'm remembering correctly.

18. There are new vinyls that are made by 3M and other companies that are supposed to weather even better than paint.
    I worked at best buy and our ugly ass geek squad VW's were covered in the stuff. It held up pretty well to the weather.

19. [​IMG]

Vinyl wrapped by JMS custom wraps in Tacoma Wa. Contact Johnnie @ 253-495-9783.