close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Where's a good place in Vancouver to have spark plugs changed?

Discussion in 'Vancouver' started by Jabomb9, Jun 17, 2009.

1. According to the service chart for my gsxr, I need to have my plugs changed at 7500 miles (I'm at maybe 7800 or 7900) and I'm looking for suggestions on shops. All I can think of is Pro Caliber and they would probably be my last choice.

Also, how much would I be looking at for a plug change?

Thanks

2. Gotama

Gotama WMRRA 1st VP

free if you do it yourself , its not hard

3. They sell awesome sockets and wrenches at SEARS!

Plugs are cheap on ebay...like $2 a piece or less.

4. I dont know why the manual says to change them at 7500. Mine looked fine for well over 10k. Manual also says to change the filter every other oil change at 6k mile intervals. Weird :tard:

Spark plug changes are super easy. It's a 20-30 minute job. The manual has all the info in it.

5. Spark plugs are cheap and if they're out of spec they could be robbing mileage and power...why not change them at 7-10k? Just be careful you get the right kind. There sizes of plug and there are also heat ranges (changes length of exposed electrode) so just be mindful of what you buy. If you're unsure just go with what the manual suggests. If you're trying to save a buck I suppose you could just check them for any abnormalities then clean them and check for proper gap.

6. 1. it's not hard to do.
    2. most of the tools are in your tool kit.
    ( if your like 90% of riders, youve never even used it... crackup: )
    3. we could show you how in probably an hour ( more bike night maintenance, to go with setting RAM's rear sag )

All that being said:
    D&S in Aloha (about a 1/4 west of murray and tv hwy, right next to nona amilias)
    EDR performance in Portland (13th and johnson *i think)

:secret: EDR is D&S's son, or D&S is EDR's dad depending on your point of view. crackup: