Winter R1 build. Pics

Discussion in 'Wenatchee' started by cody701, Feb 25, 2012.

1. cody701

cody701
    Expand Collapse

Winter project:
    Full fairring wraps
    Braided brake lines
    Bar end mirrors
    fork rebuild
    Halo L.E.D's
    Projector ring paint

ok guys. im 90% complete with the rebuild. here are some sh!ty cell phone pics as i was too excited to wait to start showing her off. still waiting on air box cover and tail section. (Monday) so here she is,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AND HERE IS A BAD BEFOR PIC

[​IMG]

2. james1300

james1300
    Expand Collapse
    Track School Dazed

Look'in Good!
    Who did your 'Wrap's'?

3. cody701

cody701
    Expand Collapse

they were produced by www.bikeskinz.com and they were installed by Robert of Ridgeline Graphics.

4. james1300

james1300
    Expand Collapse
    Track School Dazed

Looks Great! Where's 'Ridgeline Graphic'' located?

5. Sentor

Sentor
    Expand Collapse

Why the rebuild? I wouldn't give up that candy red for anything... Not bad looking though. Not my taste, but It looks like it was wrapped nicely.

Jims08Z06 likes this.
  6. Jims08Z06

Jims08Z06
    Expand Collapse
    Bat Crazed

+1

I would have to see it in the light of day, and besides it's not what we like; But what makes you happy. I did the Braided steel lines, over the winter and flushed the systems. Also made a new bracket to secure the twin lines, as the old, single-to- two bracket and bolt, was no longer functional. That's a lot of stress on the banjo bolt now that it's twice as long, relying on the same number or threads (in aluminum) to secure. A leak, not good...AJ

#6 Jims08Z06, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  7. jaybo666

jaybo666
    Expand Collapse

what brand of ss lines did you two use?:scratchea

8. cody701

cody701
    Expand Collapse

it is located on the corner of chelan st and 1st street. here is a link,

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=47.424914,-120.315024&hl=en&num=1&t=h&z=19

the candy red paint is underneath un harmed, so when im sick of the wraps i just pull it off, give it a wash and the stock paint is ready to shine :mrgreen:

I used Galfer front and rear braided brake lines

9. cody701

cody701
    Expand Collapse

oh and james if you swing in, ask for Robert and tell him Cody sent ya. also he is hating the process of wrapping my bike haha. it is the 2nd bike he has wrapped and both bikes are 07 R1's i told him its problly the hardest fairings to wrap but he is not having to much fun. about 20 hours of labor so far. and still not done. about 4 more hours left minimum

10. Sentor

Sentor
    Expand Collapse

If it's unharmed... I would have invested in some tasteful performance mods, like rearsets, levers, case/stator covers, brake reservoirs, bar end weights, clip-ons, steering damper.

How much does wrapping a bike cost? Must be in the hundreds?

11. cody701

cody701
    Expand Collapse

it already has a yoshi trc slip on. M4 y pipe. pcv.and a few other parts. rearsets are on the list. but since this is my street bike it will be 80% looks 20% performance. my track bike on the other hand,,,, :devil: is fully loaded and so far ive got about 1200-1300 total in the wraps. including the wraps them selves and labor for install.

12. ZXWUT?

ZXWUT?
    Expand Collapse

I don't think this is a "what would you have done" thread.
    Posted via PNW Riders Mobile

13. Thaloc

Thaloc
    Expand Collapse

Your bike now matches my helmet. Only in red. Looks nice, ill be glad to see it in person on the 3rd.

14. cody701

cody701
    Expand Collapse

crackup:

if everything works as planned, it will be intown on tuesday night as we are having a candle lighting

15. Jims08Z06

Jims08Z06
    Expand Collapse
    Bat Crazed

I used GALFER (800 685-6633). Made in USA, the braided steel is covered in Red plastic tubing to match. Very nice kit, the only thing is they didn't address the mounting/securing, to my satisfaction. Easily solved with a new home made bracket. I felt the lines would move too much, the way they recommended securing; Which in my opinion would eventually lead to a leak. PS Lifetime Warranty...AJ

16. Derofey

Derofey
    Expand Collapse

Gratz on giving an R1 another life.

17. Bluehaze

Bluehaze
    Expand Collapse

looks really good and probably better when you get to shoot it with real camera.

Now a very important advice. STAY AWAY FROM TRACK DAY. All that customization has a high potential of being gone in seconds if you go to trackday.

18. xpertss

xpertss
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    I ride a motorcycle... How cool is me?
    looks very sick!

19. I think he has a track bike, im trying to get him to go do a trackday, I think a rider is far better off on the track than on the street, if you do a trackday with the intention of crashing then you probably will. I try to do a dozen or so a year and am on 23 I think with no problems,

20. cody701

cody701
    Expand Collapse

agreed this is my street/show bike i have a track bike for stricly track

thank you sir

well put Dave, i plan on hitting the track ASAP on my 05. fully saftey wired and built and ready to scream. should be getting gear by the end of march at the latest. im boots and a suit away from the track :devil:

#20 cody701, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012