close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Winthrop July 18

Discussion in 'Bellingham' started by Tripledij, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Late notice, but the weather should be so much better than last week.

Copy n paste from Balut's July 11 Winthrop thread.

Meet at Sudden Valley Shell Gas station at 9:00 am and head out at 9:30 am.
    Should be enough time to gas up, check tire pressures, clean your visor and pee before heading out.
    This ride is at about 300 miles more or less depending on the route we take.
    There will be a need to get gas at Marble Mount.

Anyone interested?

2. Geez! I really want to do this ride one of these times, but I'm not in for this one . . . . . gotta work in the morning and then KMFDM concert in Seattle that night. Besides, the Baby Ninja is already in the trailer at Skagit for track day.

3. What a great ride. This winter when the weather has been crappy for months, I will remember this ride.

Hope everyone gets a chance to ride this weekend.

4. I rode to Winthrop on Thursday...I had never been there before but I loved that road... Nice long straightaways and sweeping wide curves.. I could go fast and not feel like I was getting into trouble.. But now I understand why they call it the monkeybutt ride...Thats the most miles I have ever gone in one day...

5. I might do this run tomorrow (Sunday). Where's the last gas station in Sedro Wooley?

6. You need to get fuel in marble mount. That gives you enough to make it to Winthrop or twisp.

7. Thanks!

8. Well, no wonder everyone likes to ride this road, it was awesome! Winthrop was way too crowded today. And in my haste to get out of the heat (it was around 100° at noon), I forgot to gas up before heading back. White knuckled :eek:and coasted :cool: as much as I could back down the western side of the Cascades ;)

Bikehamster likes this.

9. That is a fun stretch of road. Heat like that makes it worth fighting the bees at that ice cream shop.