***WMRRA Round 4 (at Pacific Raceways) Corner Workers Wanted***

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by CpjMech, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Hello everyone! Round 4 of WMRRA racing is upon us, June 16&17 @ Pacific Raceways in Kent.

We're looking for Volunteer Corner Workers to come join us for the Sprint Races. We had several PNWR members at the first 3 events and would love to have you again!

For some added incentive I'd like to offer Volunteer Corner Workers a FREE Taste of Racing session (http://wmrra.com/tor.html). Work one day get one TOR at either of the tracks we race at in WA (Pacific and The Ridge) for the rest of 2012.

Come join us! Love watching motorcycle racing? Want to see what happens behind the scenes? Join us for the best seat in the house!

As a club WMRRA aspires to provide the best possible environment for people to enjoy the thrill of racing on a closed road circuit. We believe the key to a successful racing event is giving maximum attention to rider safety. All races at Pacific Raceways and The Ridge are held with over 50 track officials, the bulk of which are the vitally important "Volunteer Corner Worker."

Corner Workers ensure safety in a variety of ways, including:

Radio communication with race "control" and other race officials.
    Communicating to riders with flags about track conditions and safety.
    Keeping the race surface clean, clear and safe.
    Assisting riders who have problems.
    Directing riders toward safe racing lines.

If you’re interested in joining us, please reply via email (corner.captain@wmrra dot com) and I will get you all the details.

For those of you who haven’t volunteered with us before:

We provide hot coffee, tea, water, breakfast, snacks and lunch and adult beverages at the end of the day!

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to email me! Also check out http://wmrra.com/cornerworkers.html

Thanks!

Craig Johnson
    WMRRA Corner Captain
    corner.captain@wmrra dot com

2. *cough BUMP *cough

3. likhi

I Ride:
    Yamaha R6
    Totally worth it for the smell of race gas. :mrgreen:

Gotama likes this.
  4. Gotama

Gotama WMRRA 1st VP

I Ride:
    a lawnmower
    best answer :mfclap:

5. Alpine 318is

I Ride:
    2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R
    Hey, if I do this weekend can my TOR go towards a different race weekend. No bike currently

6. Yes. We will give you a paper voucher for YOU to use at any remaining race round (unless TOR is cancelled for whatever reason), at either track.

7. Alpine 318is

I Ride:
    2003 Kawasaki ZX-6R
    Great. 2nd question.

Can I bring my DSLR and snaps some pictures out there?

8. If you're working a corner, no photo shooting while on station. Period. Don't even take it out there with you. In the pits/paddock, it's all good, though.

As usual, I'll be there both days. Bringing my gear for TOR, Colt, so have that SV ready! :blob6:

9. Absolutely not. Your job as a corner worker volunteer is to ensure the safety of the racers and not utilize your location on the track as an opportunity to get good pictures.

Sorry to sound like a jerk, but a person's safety is more important that some cool pics.

10. A valid question, but no. As answered before, our primary goal is that of eyes and ears for race control. You're safety, and then the safety of the rider is our/your only concern. Please come corner work to experience it, you'll soon find that it takes your total concentration. We keep a light hearted attitude, but what we are doing around the track really is serious work.

Looks like I'll be corner working for Sully on Friday, so I'll have it with me. You my friend are welcomed on it, anytime.

It was a valid question. We have a lot of new CWs this season (which is AWESOME btw), and it takes some time to understand what we do exactly. It's important to show that we are a welcome and inviting organization, so please help by keeping that in mind. Thanks

11. :bump: Still looking for people this weekend, get at me if you're still on the fence we'd love to have you!

And +1 to everything Colt and Peter said. While we'd love to have you as a volunteer it's not the right time to be taking pics. But on that note, anyone wishing to be a photog for the day or part of the day you are always welcome to check in w/ Registration and they'll get you lined out ;)

I'd rather have you as corner worker :mrgreen:

12. Morwan

I might have some time on the 16th. How long do you need to work?

13. If you can work at least a 1/2 day that would be awesome. But whatever time you can volunteer is appreciated.

14. Morwan

cool beans. will be there at 7.

15. BusaDave

I Ride:
    2015 CBR1000RR Repsol SP
    I will try to be there Saturday. Not sure if I can get the day off yet. Will post up tomorrow if I can make it.

16. Woohoo!!! :tiphat::hello1: Are you racing 650 SS Twins Saturday?

17. Cool, make sure you email me corner.captain@wmrra dot com so I can put you on the list.

Thanks

18. I'd let ya take the Trumpet too...but she's down for an undetermined amount time due to the British Electrical Flu

19. It's up in the air right now. If it rains on Saturday, and everything else works out right, then I probably will. If it's dry, I told myself I'd take this round off, and reduce my stress.

But, as sick as it sounds, I liked racing in the rain. :secret:

BTW, there will be some after hours toasting of my new job, courtesy of some fine Canadian fire water. Don't miss out. Hahaha

#19 Caps2000, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  20. Lucas doesn't make fridges anymore, so I guess they're getting lazy... :mrgreen: