***WMRRA Round 6 (at Pacific Raceways) Corner Workers Wanted***

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by CpjMech, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Hello everyone! Round 6 of WMRRA racing is upon us, August 11&12 @ Pacific Raceways in Kent.

We're looking for Volunteer Corner Workers to come join us for the Sprint Races. We had several PNWR members at the first 5 events and would love to have you again!

For some added incentive I'd like to offer Volunteer Corner Workers a FREE Taste of Racing session (http://wmrra.com/tor.html). Work one day get one TOR at either of the tracks we race at in WA (Pacific and The Ridge) for the rest of 2012.

Come join us! Love watching motorcycle racing? Want to see what happens behind the scenes? Join us for the best seat in the house!

As a club WMRRA aspires to provide the best possible environment for people to enjoy the thrill of racing on a closed road circuit. We believe the key to a successful racing event is giving maximum attention to rider safety. All races at Pacific Raceways and The Ridge are held with over 50 track officials, the bulk of which are the vitally important "Volunteer Corner Worker."

Corner Workers ensure safety in a variety of ways, including:

Radio communication with race "control" and other race officials.
    Communicating to riders with flags about track conditions and safety.
    Keeping the race surface clean, clear and safe.
    Assisting riders who have problems.
    Directing riders toward safe racing lines.

If you’re interested in joining us, please reply via email (corner.captain@wmrra dot com) and I will get you all the details.

For those of you who haven’t volunteered with us before:

We provide hot coffee, tea, water, breakfast, snacks and lunch and adult beverages at the end of the day!

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to email me! Also check out http://wmrra.com/cornerworkers.html

Thanks!

Craig Johnson
    WMRRA Corner Captain
    corner.captain@wmrra dot com

2. :bump:

Still have some spots left!

3. I'm in for sunday.

4. I want to, but getting up that early is tough. Night guy screws morning guy over every time.

5. Have you emailed me?

I worked swing shift for 8 years, no excuse :p :mrgreen:

6. I'll be there, as usual. :mrgreen:

7. BusaDave

I Ride:
    2015 CBR1000RR Repsol SP
    Would love to be there but can't get the time off of work.

8. Last call...weather is looking great this weekend!

9. Great weekend.

Thanks to the volunteers!