WSBK Brno discussion *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Avboden, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Avboden

Avboden
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    1991 XR250L, 2007 BMW F800S, 1999 ATK 605 ESDS/SM
    YEAH BOIIIIIIIIIIIIII

double win for melandri

BMW also moved into 1st on the manufacturer standings.

BMW 292
    Aprilia 290
    Ducati 276.5
    Kawi 218.5
    Honda 193
    Suzuki 72.5

2. scollins

scollins
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    2008 Ducati 1098S
    I feel bad for Sykes, the dude keeps winning Tissot watches, and usually leads early. Then he falls off mid race and is done. But lately he's been in it until the end. Then Melandri passes him on the final lap! Gah!! Come on Tom!

And this is from a Ducati/Checa fan (and also an "Anybody but Biaggi" fan...) If Checa can't be the champ, then I'm rooting for Melandri and Sykes!

And what of the news that BMW is basically pulling out factory support, going with BMW Italia for next year? What's up with that? They start putting wins together and pull out? Well, I guess it worked for Ducati last year.....

3. SiCC

SiCC
    Expand Collapse

they said kawi had a lot of test time so im happy to see sykes figure out the tire thing. plus a kawi 2-3 that is nuts.

bmw must be putting all their effort into the CRTs. :ninja:

4. Joshua

Joshua
    Expand Collapse

I doubt BMW will sustain but we'll see.

5. Tdawg

Tdawg
    Expand Collapse

Sykes for sure. While Biaggi is a douchebag in QP, Melandri's race aggressiveness may have him in the kitty litter again. I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Haslam off track again.
    Biaggi's team screwed up QP by not going out on qualifiers, add in red flags during superpole putting him at a 14th grid position.

Good racing for sure, and Melandri's push of Haslam pretty much ended Haslam's career on a factory BM

6. Avboden

Avboden
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    they aren't pulling out of factory support...BMW Italia is VERY very good and works directly with BMW.

so yeah, there will be one less BMW team on the grid, but the BMW Italia team IS the factory team next year.

7. theJrod

theJrod
    Expand Collapse
    Racer Extraordinaire

Very similar to what American Honda did in AMA years back. They took over the team from HRC, but still used many HRC parts. Actually American Honda kinda got the shaft from HRC.
    At least BMW Italia has the factory building/developing the engines/electronics - the two biggest expenses.

Sykes could be unstoppable if he could just maintain the pace and not shag tires. Looks like their testing has improved the situation, but just not quite enough.

8. Avboden

Avboden
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    They'll get there, this is the exact problem BMW had at first, fast as hell, but couldn't keep the grip on the last few laps. I remember seeing Corser backing it in through every turn, it was scary.