close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WSBK Laguna Seca (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PeteN95, Sep 27, 2013.

1. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator Staff Member

Chaz and Marco 1st and 2nd in first session, but 3rd and 4th are the Jordan bikes!?!?! :mfclap: Roger lee in 3rd and Danny right behind in 4th. Hayes was quickest in AMA and 4 tenths quicker than Davies in WSBK, we'll see if he can stay fastest? Cardenas and Herrin also faster than the Euro guys. :evil4:

2. theJrod

theJrod Racer Extraordinaire

Won't last.... The WSB guys will come up to speed very quickly, after a few changes. Remember they haven't seen Laguna in 4+ years (if ever), while Rog and 'Slick race it a couple times a year their whole careers.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  3. Is Bein the only channel covering the races?

4. PeteN95

PeteN95 Moderator Staff Member

I believe so, but they also usually do a free live streaming on their website?

5. werd.

6. Thanks guys, I'll check it out.

7. Laverty within .2 of Hayes already.

8. Disalvo is doing well. Still 20 mins to go.

9. Tell my you guys were watching Beaubier's last lap. Every sector red, stomped 'em by a full second on the last lap. That kid is a stud.

10. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in Moto2 next year, might get a SBK ride but I'm thinking he's looking to end up in MotoGP eventually.

11. Looks like Eslick finished Q2 in 6th. What happened to Roger Lee? I just saw his "Pit-In" status forever until the end of the session. At least he squeezed into the next round.

12. Hayden blew a motor and they didn't have the bike ready before the session ended, but he did make it in to Superpole with his Q1 time.

13. Thanks! That answers how or why Eslick was quicker after Q2.

14. This ^^^.
    Been here since Thursday. If you can't make a dent in Beaubier, you're just fighting to be the first loser.

Don't count on any of those possibilities without a big-money sugar daddy (read: sponsor). Damn shame, too. He's clearly in a class above everyone else. He's running right around a full second faster than anyone and consistently smooth.

We were wondering wtf. Seemed like the entire QP session he was in the pits. Big kudos to Eslick for the late session jump. The few people that are here (and the it looks really empty here) really got up for him. Hopes are that RLH will get back on track for the short QP3 tomorrow morning before Superpole.
    Blake Young has been 2-1.8 sec's off and looks like he's not really gaining on anyone.

Sykes and the Beemers are easily hitting the turn 4-5 speed trap at 150mph (or more?). MM looks really smooth everywhere, Sykes is really on the gas with his head down, Davies looked lost for a bit, and Canepa really surprised everyone.

Keep in mind: WSBK race 1 is on Saturday, and race 2 is Sunday.

The weather has been perfect here, and the forecast for the rest of the weekend still looks great.

15. Going to see todays (Saturday) races in person. Comp tickets with pit access too.

16. After losing last year by a point (or 1/2 point?) Sykes wants it bad. I'm pulling for him because of that and because he rides the best bike :mrgreen:

17. theJrod

theJrod Racer Extraordinaire

And there you have it...

Rog and Eslick did 24.1s, not even in the top 8. Guintoli did a 22.6 - damn that's fast. Hayes did a 24.2 for his pole.

I'd say the true superbikes are a bit faster. :)