Yosh or Teka FI programmer?

Discussion in 'Salem' started by Omnivore, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Anyone know of a shop or person with a Yosh or Teka FI box around Salem?

Eventually I want to look at and possibly tweak the mapping a bit on my V-Strom. I pretty much know where I want to set it.

Thanks!!

2. RedKat600

RedKat600 Vintage Screwball
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    2003 Copper SV1K
    Unless you do the tweaking on a dyno....it's kind of pointless. How can you know where to set it until you get a baseline run?

3. Novels of setting info on the Strom 1k online. You can reset the ecu mapping to 0, That will do a reset to factory mapping on the Yosh. and I'm fairly certain the Teka show's you where its at.

To be honest I don't have any real issue other than 1 hiccup one time at 2900 which is the norm on these. The idle pulses a bit. Coming from the inline 4's mostly I'm kinda used to running in the mid rpm range but these really don't need to be run like that.....well sort of. The caveat being the low rpms are set lean as hell from the factory to pass emissions. So I just wanted to boost up idle in one and two 1.5%, not sure I'll need to do anything else.

4. EDR can, or Nels (when he's down here) can if you let him know you need to.

There are tons of settings with them you can change, not just fuel/air ratios.

5. Thanks! How about that pesky governor set at 125 .....

Anyone know one closer let me know, I try to avoid driving up there if at all possible 8)

#5 Omnivore, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012