Zip's comes to town

Discussion in 'Boise Region' started by rtc_id, Jan 3, 2006.

1. rtc_id

rtc_id
    Expand Collapse

So I'm driving down Fairview the other day and I notice the distinct yellow roof and red lettering of Zip's. I think I missed Zip's more than Dick's. I see a Big Zipper and fried mushrooms in my future. Well into the future, gotta get down a few pounds so I can fit in my leathers. The holidays took their toll on the gut.

Idahoans, don't bother asking what's so important about Zip's. Just go, eat, be merry. Then again, the food might suck and I'm just waxing poetic about my teen/college days. I'll partake, though, if nothing else than to remember from where I came. Kind of like when the Jews eat bitter herbs on Passover. (I think that Passover reference came from The 10 Commandments starring Chuck Heston [yes, I call him Chuck - he let's me])

Later,
    Rob.

2. beansbaxter

beansbaxter
    Expand Collapse
    PNW Admin
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    ZX-10R
    :angry7: I strongly dislike Zips. I ate their one time, had their bucket of burgers and I about :puke

3. rtc_id

rtc_id
    Expand Collapse

Dude, no smileys allowed in this forum. It's a southern Idaho thing. Also, your issues with food are well known. You don't like anything. Before you tell us you don't like a restaurant, you have to tell us what restaurant (note that I used the singular) you like.

Later,
    Rob.

4. james1300

james1300
    Expand Collapse
    Track School Dazed

Yea, which restaraunt are we going to tomorrow?

5. rtc_id

rtc_id
    Expand Collapse

Well, today I went to Siam Cafe on Apple in Southeast Boise. Had the 2 star Mongolian beef. Should've gone one more star, not enough bite. Actually, I should have had the yellow chicken curry but I'm kind of chickened out.

Tomorrow, I'm thinking Bob's Trolley House on Warm Springs. I think I'll have one of their kitchen sink omelettes because I have a volleyball game after work and need something that'll stick with me until after the game.

On Friday, I may take a couple of my charges to Buster's on Broadway for finger steaks. They've been busting their butts and the holidays kind of screwed up any chance of getting out as a group. Besides, mini-skirted waitresses make everybody giddy.

Umm, you meant me, right James1.3k?

later,
    Rob.

6. Tinamarie

Tinamarie
    Expand Collapse
    Ninja Brat

Thats probably the only thing I miss from the Tri-cities is Zips. Yummy - -greasy but yummy!

7. rtc_id

rtc_id
    Expand Collapse

Yes! That's what I'm talkin' about. See Beans, some people just get it.

8. beansbaxter

beansbaxter
    Expand Collapse
    PNW Admin
    Staff Member

I Ride:
    ZX-10R
    I just had no idea this was a smilie-free zone.

9. wazzu mille

wazzu mille
    Expand Collapse
    Hash Brown Boy

The ultimate in greasy good food has to be Dicks. I think I miss it more than Zips. We have 3 of them, but I rarely eat there. I sure could go for a combo pizza served between 2 stapled paper plates!

10. donthekawguy

donthekawguy
    Expand Collapse

I lived down there for four years and saw that Zips about a month before I moved back up here. I was pissed for not finding it sooner! The problem is it's so far from the freeway it almost isn't worth it to go from Nampa. ALMOST! MMMMMMMMM Big Zipper!

11. doublen675

doublen675
    Expand Collapse

I heard it was nothing like the Original Zips in the Tri-cities? No tartar sauce? What's up with that? Or is that just the one in Kennewick by the Cable bridge? I grew up there but haven't been back in at least 5 years. I miss Zips.

12. FatMatt

FatMatt
    Expand Collapse

No TARTER! WTF? Whoever runs the one in Nampa or Boise or wherever exactly it is, should be shot! No tarter?:tard: I have friends that buy Zip's tarter by the jug just so they have it on hand for any food!

All three in Tri-Cities are similar, but I like the one by the Cable Bridge the best!

13. doublen675

doublen675
    Expand Collapse

Yep. It's been at least 5 years since I've been up there. I need to make a motorcycle trip to Kennewick to hit up that Zips. This thread makes me miss it. Mmmmmmmmmmmm Tartar sauce!

14. Mic

Mic
    Expand Collapse
    Retired

One of the things I miss from living in Eastern Washington... Zips!

I went there a couple years ago (Ritzville) and was displeased to see they no longer have the Big Zipper Deluxe, just the Big Zipper =(

Big Zipper Deluxe (Dry, so I can add the TARTAR!), Bucket of Fries (WITH TARTAR!), and I was a happy man.

*sigh* I do miss the east side from time to time =(

15. SRWitt

SRWitt
    Expand Collapse

Necro Posting FTMFW crackup:

16. doublen675

doublen675
    Expand Collapse

What does that mean?

17. james1300

james1300
    Expand Collapse
    Track School Dazed

Wow! a 3 year old thread!

18. doublen675

doublen675
    Expand Collapse

Now I get it. Wow I didn't notice, lol.:shock:

19. FatMatt

FatMatt
    Expand Collapse

Big Zipper DELUXE, medium fry with ketchup & tarter + 2 extra tarters & a large butterscotch shake! Now it's time to go sit on the couch & let it all settle on down!:mrgreen:

20. rtc_id

rtc_id
    Expand Collapse

Never was a tartar sauce guy so I didn't notice our Zips was without. Always had the deep fried shrooms, dry. I will have to do a Boise Zips vs Kennewick Zips comparo the next time I go up to see Wazzumille. Crap, I was just at his place this weekend. Oh well, guess it'll have to wait til next year.

Later,
    Rob.

PS - what the hell are you guys doing in my subforum anyway?