zx600c tourer

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Vote4Missy, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Vote4Missy

Vote4Missy
    Expand Collapse

I have a 97 ninja zx600c, I am planning a trip in two months with my girlfriend from Seattle to las Vegas and cali and back. I already have a j&m cb/intercom on the bike. the bike has a fairly standard seating position. the only things I really am looking to make better for touring is a way to get a luggage rack and panners for it and a taller windshield for it.

I have searched and searched for panners and a way to get a taller windshield and cant find anything. I am willing to modify things if I need to considering my plastics are all mangled anyways.

any suggestions?

[​IMG]

#1 Vote4Missy, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  2. Watchmaker

Watchmaker
    Expand Collapse

I Ride:
    Imperial Walker
    back when I had my 600...I just used soft luggage....(15 years ago).....trying to find anything for this model, even then, was a pain.......another option you may look into is having someone fabricate brackets for hard luggage....Givi makes hard bags that with some modification could work on the 600....good luck.

3. Vote4Missy

Vote4Missy
    Expand Collapse

I currently have soft bags but they sag and have no support, I know an alumanum fabricator (my land lord) and might have him help me make a bracket system. but my biggest concern is trying to get a windshield, I am thinking of finding a windshield I like and just screwing it to my current blacked out windshield, by the way it may look cool to have a blackout windshield but it is the most useless thing ever, I cant do anything about that pesky rain.

4. sschering

sschering
    Expand Collapse

#4 sschering, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  5. FlyingFinn

FlyingFinn
    Expand Collapse
    1. Twins FTW!

I Ride:
    Mo Ped
    It looks to me like you could take off the grab rail and use some angle aluminum to fab a luggage rack..

Also think about a throttle lock or cramp buster

have fun

6. strangerin

strangerin
    Expand Collapse

If you're having brackets made you can use any set of bags you want, was going to suggest Vetter, but they seem to have gotten pricy. Still Ebay is full of people w/ moulded ABS for sale. Lots of used Gwing bags there too, lights + locks depending, any year/size.

7. Vote4Missy

Vote4Missy
    Expand Collapse

that wont fit my bike, my bike is not a zx-6, mine is the generation before that, all they have on that site is the stock windshield.