Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #61
WMRRA 1st VP
Gotama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: Kent

I Ride: lawnmower
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by SiCC View Post
yamahas only!






yamaha!@

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 02-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #62
Permit
Optimum Performance Rider Training's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Seattle Metro Area
The current coupon code to receive $100 credit towards rider school has been removed. There was a bug that allowed the discount to be applied towards the track day itself and not the school. Obviously this won't work if we want to continue to bring track days at a reasonable price. The coupon code stated it was specifically for the rider school. To the customers who managed to get the coupon to discount their day without school - you all should have received an e-mail. If you intended to select the school but didn't by accident, just let us know and we can resend an invoice.

We are reworking the coupon code to fix the bug. Please bear with us while we update it. In the mean time, if you want to sign up and get the $100 credit for rider school, shoot me an e-mail and I can send over an invoice. Riders who do not wish to take the school can sign up normally on the website.

sales@optimum-performance.org

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 02-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #63
Novice Racer
Wyckedan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Seattle, Wa

I Ride: 2012 RSV4 Factory APRC with OPRT
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimum Performance Rider Training View Post
The current coupon code to receive $100 credit towards rider school has been removed. There was a bug that allowed the discount to be applied towards the track day itself and not the school. Obviously this won't work if we want to continue to bring track days at a reasonable price. The coupon code stated it was specifically for the rider school. To the customers who managed to get the coupon to discount their day without school - you all should have received an e-mail. If you intended to select the school but didn't by accident, just let us know and we can resend an invoice.

We are reworking the coupon code to fix the bug. Please bear with us while we update it. In the mean time, if you want to sign up and get the $100 credit for rider school, shoot me an e-mail and I can send over an invoice. Riders who do not wish to take the school can sign up normally on the website.

sales@optimum-performance.org
I can only imagine the look on your face when you got $40 trackday purchases!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 02-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #64
Permit
Optimum Performance Rider Training's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Seattle Metro Area
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyckedan View Post
I can only imagine the look on your face when you got $40 trackday purchases!
The spirit of the organization is to indeed offer a cost effective way to get on the track. While currently a $40 track day isn't feasible, that doesn't mean that it won't happen down the road. The more support we get from charitable sponsors, the cheaper the days will get.

Here's another way to lower rider cost. Does your employer offer charitable contribution matching? Some require paperwork to be put into the system for donation matching. We'd be happy to help get you through the process. One step closer to $40 track days!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 02-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #65
Novice Racer
Wyckedan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Seattle, Wa

I Ride: 2012 RSV4 Factory APRC with OPRT
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimum Performance Rider Training View Post
The spirit of the organization is to indeed offer a cost effective way to get on the track. While currently a $40 track day isn't feasible, that doesn't mean that it won't happen down the road. The more support we get from charitable sponsors, the cheaper the days will get.

Here's another way to lower rider cost. Does your employer offer charitable contribution matching? Some require paperwork to be put into the system for donation matching. We'd be happy to help get you through the process. One step closer to $40 track days!
I guess you could say my employer does... as it's myself! I'm sure some of the folks around here though could take advantage of that awesome possibility

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 02-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #66
WMRRA 1st VP
Gotama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: Kent

I Ride: lawnmower
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimum Performance Rider Training View Post
The spirit of the organization is to indeed offer a cost effective way to get on the track. While currently a $40 track day isn't feasible, that doesn't mean that it won't happen down the road. The more support we get from charitable sponsors, the cheaper the days will get.

Here's another way to lower rider cost. Does your employer offer charitable contribution matching? Some require paperwork to be put into the system for donation matching. We'd be happy to help get you through the process. One step closer to $40 track days!
Interesting
Please contact me about this

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 02-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #67
Licensed
S1KRR's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
From: Renton, WA

I Ride: BMW S1000RR, Husky TR650 Terra
Signed up for the May 18th and July 12th days at the Ridge, definitely excited to try out the new track!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 02-29-2012, 01:06 AM   #68
Railer
SkiPunk11's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
From: Tacoma, Wa

I Ride: 2008 Buell 1125R
when we want to sign up for a day how will we know if a specific date is filled up ?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #69
snowshoe kitten... prrr...
yard sale's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: 4to5
Blog Entries: 7

I Ride: slow in the fast lane like everyone else...
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiPunk11 View Post
when we want to sign up for a day how will we know if a specific date is filled up ?
if its not noted on the page, try to sign up. either it lets you or it don't.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 02-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #70
Permit
Optimum Performance Rider Training's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Seattle Metro Area
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiPunk11 View Post
when we want to sign up for a day how will we know if a specific date is filled up ?
Once a specific level is full, there will no longer be an option to add that item to your cart.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 02-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #71
Je Fa Fa
koorbloh's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
From: Monroe-mish, WA
Blog Entries: 5

I Ride: 07 YZ450F, 74 XL350
.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 03-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #72
Peg Dragger
Deerhunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Portland, OR

I Ride: Motorbikes
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee650 View Post
What's the price after March 31st??
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimum Performance Rider Training View Post
That will actually depend on how many slots are purchased before the 31st.
This is an interesting approach. And I like interesting approaches. Lee and I have wondered about promoters that raise their prices by a time factor when they promise no cancellation of the event anyway. In that case, it's just seems like unjust flogging of customers . But you guys appear to be doing it with the dice. How many riders are signed up, how many do we hope (the dice part) to have sign up so how much do we need to charge the stragglers? This is fun and I'll be watching the numbers with great interest .

The tax angle is a hoot. I tried to get another promoter to let me instruct for, unbeknownst to him, that very reason. He was smart enough to decline my invitation. However, one comment to your readers regarding Charitable Contributions that some may not know. I believe they will only be deductible if itemized on Schedule A instead of taking the Standard Deduction. They should consult a professional (cover my ass disclaimer). I don't want to see anyone show up at year's end hoping that their track day expense was discounted by their incremental tax rate and be surprised.

See you out there.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Deerhunter; 03-02-2012 at 05:23 PM..
 
Old 03-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #73
Streetfighter
Lee650's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Milwaukie, Oregon

I Ride: S1000RR, 990 SM-T
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhunter View Post
T However, one comment to your readers regarding Charitable Contributions that some may not know. I believe they will only be deductible if itemized on Schedule A instead of taking the Standard Deduction.
See you out there.
You are correct. And it depends on if it's a "Public or Private" Charity as to the limit, 50% or 30%. By the way what is OPRT classified as??

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 03-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #74
Peg Dragger
Deerhunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Portland, OR

I Ride: Motorbikes
They tell us it's a 501(c)(3).

Hope to see you Sunday.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 03-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #75
Permit
Optimum Performance Rider Training's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Seattle Metro Area
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhunter View Post
This is an interesting approach. And I like interesting approaches. Lee and I have wondered about promoters that raise their prices by a time factor when they promise no cancellation of the event anyway. In that case, it's just seems like unjust flogging of customers . But you guys appear to be doing it with the dice. How many riders are signed up, how many do we hope (the dice part) to have sign up so how much do we need to charge the stragglers? This is fun and I'll be watching the numbers with great interest .

The tax angle is a hoot. I tried to get another promoter to let me instruct for, unbeknownst to him, that very reason. He was smart enough to decline my invitation. However, one comment to your readers regarding Charitable Contributions that some may not know. I believe they will only be deductible if itemized on Schedule A instead of taking the Standard Deduction. They should consult a professional (cover my ass disclaimer). I don't want to see anyone show up at year's end hoping that their track day expense was discounted by their incremental tax rate and be surprised.

See you out there.
Quoted from the IRS:

IRS Tax Tip 2011-57, March 22, 2011

Charitable contributions made to qualified organizations may help lower your tax bill. The IRS has put together the following eight tips to help ensure your contributions pay off on your tax return.

1. If your goal is a legitimate tax deduction, then you must be giving to a qualified organization. Also, you cannot deduct contributions made to specific individuals, political organizations and candidates. See IRS Publication 526, Charitable Contributions, for rules on what constitutes a qualified organization.

2. To deduct a charitable contribution, you must file Form 1040 and itemize deductions on Schedule A.

3. If you receive a benefit because of your contribution such as merchandise, tickets to a ball game or other goods and services, then you can deduct only the amount that exceeds the fair market value of the benefit received.

4. Donations of stock or other non-cash property are usually valued at the fair market value of the property. Clothing and household items must generally be in good used condition or better to be deductible. Special rules apply to vehicle donations.

5. Fair market value is generally the price at which property would change hands between a willing buyer and a willing seller, neither having to buy or sell, and both having reasonable knowledge of all the relevant facts.

6. Regardless of the amount, to deduct a contribution of cash, check, or other monetary gift, you must maintain a bank record, payroll deduction records or a written communication from the organization containing the name of the organization, the date of the contribution and amount of the contribution. For text message donations, a telephone bill will meet the record-keeping requirement if it shows the name of the receiving organization, the date of the contribution, and the amount given.

7. To claim a deduction for contributions of cash or property equaling $250 or more you must have a bank record, payroll deduction records or a written acknowledgment from the qualified organization showing the amount of the cash and a description of any property contributed, and whether the organization provided any goods or services in exchange for the gift. One document may satisfy both the written communication requirement for monetary gifts and the written acknowledgement requirement for all contributions of $250 or more. If your total deduction for all noncash contributions for the year is over $500, you must complete and attach IRS Form 8283, Noncash Charitable Contributions, to your return.

8. Taxpayers donating an item or a group of similar items valued at more than $5,000 must also complete Section B of Form 8283, which generally requires an appraisal by a qualified appraiser.

For more information on charitable contributions, refer to Form 8283 and its instructions, as well as Publication 526, Charitable Contributions. For information on determining value, refer to Publication 561, Determining the Value of Donated Property. These forms and publications are available at http://www.irs.gov or by calling 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676).



Regarding the approach of discounted pricing - to be honest, the organization is attempting to operate on close to a zero sum game. As such, there was minimal seed money granted to get the paperwork and legal fees off the ground. As a result, money required for track rental deposits will have to come from donor support. So...that leaves early registration for track days. In order to attract enough customers to sign up early, there needed to be an incentive. That incentive is the discounted pricing. We are not attempting to flog the customer who decides to sign up later. Simply put, it is a fundraising technique to get the organization off the ground.

Who knows...if there is enough external support from donors outside of our track days, ie. corporate donors, etc - we could continue to offer track day pricing at these levels. One of the organizational founding goals is to increase rider safety. We've all heard riders who hesitate to ride on the track due to cost constraints and are forced to increase their skills in a less than optimum environment. We're here to fix that.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 03-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #76
Streetfighter
Lee650's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Milwaukie, Oregon

I Ride: S1000RR, 990 SM-T
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhunter View Post
They tell us it's a 501(c)(3).

Hope to see you Sunday.
501(c)(3) can be either Private or Public depends on how it is organized. From the way they are getting their money it looks like a Public Charity But the folks at OPRT will have to let us know?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 03-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #77
Permit
Optimum Performance Rider Training's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Seattle Metro Area
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee650 View Post
501(c)(3) can be either Private or Public depends on how it is organized. From the way they are getting their money it looks like a Public Charity But the folks at OPRT will have to let us know?
By private charity you must be referring to a private foundation which is also a nonprofit.

Private foundations maintain or aid charitable, educational, religious, or other activities serving the public good, primarily through the making of grants to other nonprofit organizations.

Public charities generally derive their funding or support primarily from the general public, receiving grants from individuals, government, and private foundations. Although some public charities engage in grantmaking activities, most conduct direct service or other tax-exempt activities. A private foundation, on the other hand, usually derives its principal fund from a single source, such as an individual, family, or corporation, and more often than not is a grantmaker. A private foundation does not solicit funds from the public.

Optimum Performance Rider Training is most definitely a public charity.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 03-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #78
Streetfighter
Lee650's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Milwaukie, Oregon

I Ride: S1000RR, 990 SM-T
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimum Performance Rider Training View Post
By private charity you must be referring to a private foundation which is also a nonprofit.

Private foundations maintain or aid charitable, educational, religious, or other activities serving the public good, primarily through the making of grants to other nonprofit organizations.

Public charities generally derive their funding or support primarily from the general public, receiving grants from individuals, government, and private foundations. Although some public charities engage in grantmaking activities, most conduct direct service or other tax-exempt activities. A private foundation, on the other hand, usually derives its principal fund from a single source, such as an individual, family, or corporation, and more often than not is a grantmaker. A private foundation does not solicit funds from the public.

Optimum Performance Rider Training is most definitely a public charity.

I like 50% much better then 30%.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 03-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #79
Peg Dragger
Deerhunter's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Portland, OR

I Ride: Motorbikes
Hey, OPRT. Where's your "CYA" disclaimer ?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 03-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #80
Permit
Optimum Performance Rider Training's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Seattle Metro Area
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee650 View Post
I like 50% much better then 30%.
I will personally shake the hand of the person who ends up deducting 50% of their adjusted gross income. After a squirt of Purell of course.

“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhunter View Post
Hey, OPRT. Where's your "CYA" disclaimer ?
You just made it a few posts up...

And of course - ignorantia legis neminem excusat

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > PNW Riders > Track Time


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed