Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 02:33 PM   #101
Moto2 Contender
Motophotog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: Covington

I Ride: 94 VFR750, RC51, 1976 RD400 cafe, 74 Suzuki GT250
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
I just think of a professional as someone who makes a living off it. There's lots of people who make money off photography around here but not really professional. meh, doesn't really matter.
A semi-pro photographer is one who is paid money for their work thus is not an amateur, but for whom is not a full-time occupation, generally because the level of pay is too low to make a reasonable living based solely upon that source, thus making the photograher not a full professional ...


Who cares anyway, is really the right answer!

I saw a lot of people out along the T-9 to bus stop fence, by the Lotus driving school building... kinda cool to see people coming to hang out and watch a trackday, not just racing.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 06-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #102
Moto2 Contender
Motophotog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: Covington

I Ride: 94 VFR750, RC51, 1976 RD400 cafe, 74 Suzuki GT250
[QUOTE=jbcjr;1174060]
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by eric View Post
See! Another ass who had to go out and get 2 seconds faster! Stop.
QUOTE]

Ass???
Hey jim! I saw you wheelin away around 4:30pm, didnt catch up with you, nice ride!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #103
Permit
jbcjr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Snoqualmie, WA

I Ride: GSXR-1K
[QUOTE=revhard;1174457]
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcjr View Post

Hey jim! I saw you wheelin away around 4:30pm, didnt catch up with you, nice ride!
Thanks... I can't believe the difference b/t the 2 bikes. The Gxxr is so much easier to ride - so much lighter and handles much better at high speeds (or at least it gave me that impression). Definitely a confidence inspiring machine... I can hardly wait to get it back on the track.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-01-2008, 04:52 PM   #104
Moto2 Contender
Motophotog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: Covington

I Ride: 94 VFR750, RC51, 1976 RD400 cafe, 74 Suzuki GT250
[QUOTE=jbcjr;1174588]
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by revhard View Post

Thanks... I can't believe the difference b/t the 2 bikes. The Gxxr is so much easier to ride - so much lighter and handles much better at high speeds (or at least it gave me that impression). Definitely a confidence inspiring machine... I can hardly wait to get it back on the track.
So what you're saying is you plan on staying in front of me next round?? How much HP that thing puttin down?

Got a pic comin of you on your new bike. should be up in ten min.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #105
Pit Crew
MikeM's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Covington, WA
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by penpen View Post
Still, it's not their job to do so, and there is an assumed code of conduct if you're going out there. I've been out with other groups who have similar staffing to NESBA and allow people to watch from inside.

I'm not arguing for or against having other photogs or spectators in the in field. Different groups have different policies and that is understandable. But there's no reason to start calling names 'cause someone made a suggestion in passing. It's a valid question.
We have tried letting people cross into the infield with the the thought that they won't do anything stupid. Unfortunately almost every time we end up with someone way too close to the track or in completely the wrong spot. I even had to red flag a session and take the crash track down to turn 7 because someone who promised me they would stay where they were supposed to was sitting in front of the airfence in T-7 because it was a really cool angle He didn't understand why we were so pissed off at him.

So like most of the other track day orgs we don't allow people to cross the track at all anymore. We don't have the staff available to police it like WMRRA does.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #106
Moto2 Contender
Motophotog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: Covington

I Ride: 94 VFR750, RC51, 1976 RD400 cafe, 74 Suzuki GT250
Pics here..

http://www.pnwriders.com/pictures/74...-pictures.html

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-01-2008, 05:55 PM   #107
Superbiker
penpen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: Kirkland

I Ride: Pasta rockets
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
We have tried letting people cross into the infield with the the thought that they won't do anything stupid. Unfortunately almost every time we end up with someone way too close to the track or in completely the wrong spot. I even had to red flag a session and take the crash track down to turn 7 because someone who promised me they would stay where they were supposed to was sitting in front of the airfence in T-7 because it was a really cool angle He didn't understand why we were so pissed off at him.

So like most of the other track day orgs we don't allow people to cross the track at all anymore. We don't have the staff available to police it like WMRRA does.
makes sense too bad a few dumbasses need to ruin it for everyone else.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #108
Permit
jbcjr's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Snoqualmie, WA

I Ride: GSXR-1K
[QUOTE=revhard;1174596]
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcjr View Post

So what you're saying is you plan on staying in front of me next round?? How much HP that thing puttin down?

Got a pic comin of you on your new bike. should be up in ten min.
Sweet pics Darren!!! HP??? I would think at least 165+ Let me know if you have anymore pics... keep up the good work.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #109
Shredder
Mr Sunshine's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
From: Close enough to Redmond, Wa

I Ride: 2003 SV650S (race), 2003 KTM 400EXC, 2000 Zuma Scooter
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by penpen View Post
Still, it's not their job to do so, and there is an assumed code of conduct if you're going out there. I've been out with other groups who have similar staffing to NESBA and allow people to watch from inside.

I'm not arguing for or against having other photogs or spectators in the in field. Different groups have different policies and that is understandable. But there's no reason to start calling names 'cause someone made a suggestion in passing. It's a valid question.
It is absolutly the organizer's job to watch the people they allow into places where they could have direct impact to the riders on the track. This means WMRRA is responsabile for watching out for the spectators and photog's they allow across the track. This is why you have to sign a waiver to be a photog at a wmrra event and you get your purple jersey.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #110
Moto2 Contender
Motophotog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: Covington

I Ride: 94 VFR750, RC51, 1976 RD400 cafe, 74 Suzuki GT250
[QUOTE=jbcjr;1174865]
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by revhard View Post

Sweet pics Darren!!! HP??? I would think at least 165+ Let me know if you have anymore pics... keep up the good work.
165+hp!?!?!?! Well crap. Gimme a 1 lap lead plz!

Sweet machine. Suspension goods too. Good bike!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #111
Superbiker
penpen's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: Kirkland

I Ride: Pasta rockets
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
It is absolutly the organizer's job to watch the people they allow into places where they could have direct impact to the riders on the track. This means WMRRA is responsabile for watching out for the spectators and photog's they allow across the track. This is why you have to sign a waiver to be a photog at a wmrra event and you get your purple jersey.
i don't know why people are debating this with me. i really don't care and i totally see the track org's point of view, but i can (and am) just as easily playing devil's advocate.

what i really mean to say up there is it shouldn't be the corner workers' primary directive to play crowd control for a bunch of assinine spectators and wannabe photogs. granted yes it falls under the umbrella of maintaining overall track safety, but i would prefer to know that most of their attention was directed towards those actually racing. i think most would agree here. but as i've said, some people will f it up for everyone else and unfortunately that has been nesba's sad reality. other track orgs (expanding this out more broadly to 2 and 4 wheels, not just at PIR) do allow this, and i think that's great. but that's just how the cookie crumbles.

and with that i am throwing in the towel.

back on topic: the fairings are treating me well, chris albeit boring and marshmallow-esque for now!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-02-2008, 08:06 AM   #112
Mr. PNW Riders 2007
erickb's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
From: classified
Blog Entries: 2

I Ride: I don't anymore but can still out ride you!
ban all photogs from anywhere on the track or make the photogs pay a fee to enter on the track. That will get rid of the asshats and would allow me to get out there and take some pics

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-02-2008, 08:43 AM   #113
Licensed
moto_scott's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Redmond, Washington

I Ride: '08 Ducati Hypermotard S (street) '02 Suzuki DRZ 400S (for the dirties)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by theJrod View Post
Saw Scott out there on the Hyper - looks sick! Gawd I want one soo bad.

I meant to go out on the DRZ and play around w/ you some more, but I got pretty busy.
Was that you who had me follow you around and watch you back it in 3 and the bus stop? ... made me jealous of the mad skills.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #114
Racer Extraordinaire
theJrod's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
From: w
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by moto_scott View Post
Was that you who had me follow you around and watch you back it in 3 and the bus stop? ... made me jealous of the mad skills.
Werd. I wanted to play more, but the orange shirt means I have to be nice (sorta).

How did the Hyper feel out there? It's very likely going to be my next bike (just a matter of when).

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-02-2008, 09:06 AM   #115
Licensed
moto_scott's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Redmond, Washington

I Ride: '08 Ducati Hypermotard S (street) '02 Suzuki DRZ 400S (for the dirties)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by theJrod View Post
Werd. I wanted to play more, but the orange shirt means I have to be nice (sorta).

How did the Hyper feel out there? It's very likely going to be my next bike (just a matter of when).
You were playing very nice, showing me what I am supposed to do with mine, that's one part of why you guys are there for, to show people how to ride correctly ... I need to learn how to back it in though. Following you was f'n awesome though. I kept looking for "the guy" ... now you ... on the motard for the rest of the day.

The Hyper felt great. Probably feel even better when I feel more comfortable tossing it around like you did the DRZ ... if you get one, you will not regret it

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by moto_scott; 06-02-2008 at 09:10 AM..
 
Old 06-02-2008, 12:44 PM   #116
Moto2 Contender
Motophotog's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: Covington

I Ride: 94 VFR750, RC51, 1976 RD400 cafe, 74 Suzuki GT250
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by moto_scott View Post
You were playing very nice, showing me what I am supposed to do with mine, that's one part of why you guys are there for, to show people how to ride correctly ... I need to learn how to back it in though. Following you was f'n awesome though. I kept looking for "the guy" ... now you ... on the motard for the rest of the day.

The Hyper felt great. Probably feel even better when I feel more comfortable tossing it around like you did the DRZ ... if you get one, you will not regret it
your tires on the duc looked nice and gummy.... did you ride the R6 at all?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #117
Peg Dragger
THE FLAMING LIPPS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Burien,WA

I Ride: '04 CBR 1000rr '93 VFR750F 2 2006 CBR 600rr's yz250f SM
Just to let everyone know. I lowsided in T9.:( Sprained my finger and the bike has some broken parts,but all in all a good day of riding. I need to figure out why my front seems to be giving out.I'm going to switch back to 2ct's and see if that helps.The power race gave no feedback before washing out.I have taken T9 much faster than when it gave out so I'm a little concerned.New spring set up?maybe?tires?body position?wrong line?Could be the tires are done, three trackdays of pretty hard riding.By the way I was doing 1;38's last session before the lowside.Looks like I have some saftey wiring to do.(For those of you that don't know,I was tracking the bike out anyway.)

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #118
Racer Extraordinaire
theJrod's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
From: w
I don't know anything about your setup, but in general, tires are the last thing you should be looking at.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #119
Forum Cripple
tophyr's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: Seattle, WA
Blog Entries: 13

I Ride: on the Isle of Man
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by theJrod View Post
I don't know anything about your setup, but in general, tires are the last thing you should be looking at.
Well.. he is on Michelins...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 06-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #120
Pit Crew
Will's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
From: Seattle

I Ride: really slowly
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by tophyr View Post
Well.. he is on Michelins...
That's why I have 'Stones on the gixxer. Not that it has kept me out of the gravel...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > PNW Riders > Track Time


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed