mrmat25

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
Novice Racer
holypiston's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Vanquiver, WA
Blog Entries: 2

I Ride: RD400F Daytonut
Gordon Pinchot FS90 from Cougar
I get the feeling you better watch your speed up there this weekend (cougar to Pine Creek). Saw one going up and on the way back w/ my gf (thank god) one white/green vehicle just waiting on the side on the way back down yesterday, while i lofted a 2nd gear power wheelie (just kidding, but a little bump int eh road doesn't hoyt.).

seems like a good weekend for enforcement, if you will.

thinking maybe another route for saturday anyway!!

As always watch the friggin' tar snakes from the start of Amboy Market to the start of Chelatchie Prairie...unless you have a supermoto, even then...who knows.. I just don'tlike them and baby step through them.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 09-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
Chicken Strips
LilNinjaLVR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
From: Yayayacolt

I Ride: '04 Kawi 636
Saw one last week on Curly Creek...he had a car already and I had warning from a fellow motorcyclist!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
Shredder
TheSumoBear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: wa

I Ride: a big booty hoe.
Oh shit I forgot to mention yesterday on my way back from cougar I saw a white dodge magnum with the forest service logo on the door. I think they're ready to start chasing us down?


Ps, tar snakes almost bit me on my SM.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Y2K
Peg Dragger
Y2K's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: Yacolt,WA

I Ride: 2000 ElectraGlide Classic
It's a holiday weekend kids.

You should have seen them up on hwy 12 last night,I was driving the semi up to Randle and back from Longview and there was someone pulled over every 10 miles or so.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
Race Qualifier
Stringcheese's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
From: Clarkinsas, WA

I Ride: Whatever's next
I don't ride on holiday weekends, except maybe to bike night or to the store. Too many drunks, too many cops on the roads we frequent. No thanks.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
Shredder
TheSumoBear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: wa

I Ride: a big booty hoe.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringcheese View Post
I don't ride on holiday weekends, except maybe to bike night or to the store. Too many drunks, too many cops on the roads we frequent. No thanks.
Yea... Good call. It's A Good weekend to go garage sale shopping instead. LOL

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
Licensed
TeeDub21's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Vancouver, WA

I Ride: 2007 Toyota Tundra 4X4
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringcheese View Post
I don't ride on holiday weekends, except maybe to bike night or to the store. Too many drunks, too many cops on the roads we frequent. No thanks.


What he said. Five years ago this weekend my brother got hit by a car at the horse camp turn off right before Cougar and nearly killed. Ended his riding career for good and ended mine for about a year before I bought another bike. After that I made a personal promise never to ride on a holiday weekend again. Too many cars, drunks, lost people looking for their turns, law enforcement, etc to risk it on two wheels.

Be safe out there people.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
Theoretical Propagandist
Dr. E's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: Middle Earth WA

I Ride: 03 SV1000 Racebike, 03 Busa, 08 Busa, 89 Transalp
We try to never go out on holiday weekends as it is just stupid crazy. Better to give up a weekend and live to ride another day.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #9
Y2K
Peg Dragger
Y2K's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: Yacolt,WA

I Ride: 2000 ElectraGlide Classic
Well me and buddy Herb from Yacolt rode anyway,we left Yak at 6:45 am to avoid holliday traffic and it wasn't bad all day with the route we took.
Rode home in the woods through big Tire Jct. from Trout Lake to avoid SR14.


Here's the route,377 miles.....
http://goo.gl/maps/7g2OT

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Y2K; 09-06-2012 at 02:53 PM..
 
Old 09-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #10
Railer
BPWilsonCBRF3's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Vancouver NOT BC, Washington NOT DC

I Ride: 96 CBR600F3iRR, 06 CBR600RR Track Bike
Was there much gravel between goldendale and troutlake?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-07-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
Chicken Strips
LilNinjaLVR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
From: Yayayacolt

I Ride: '04 Kawi 636
By the way.....Who's Gordon?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
Novice Racer
holypiston's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Vanquiver, WA
Blog Entries: 2

I Ride: RD400F Daytonut
I think that is Gifford's younger brother .

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #13
Y2K
Peg Dragger
Y2K's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: Yacolt,WA

I Ride: 2000 ElectraGlide Classic
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by BPWilsonCBRF3 View Post
Was there much gravel between goldendale and troutlake?
None and Glenwood Canyon is spactacular!
Only gravel was a couple short washouts on the 88 road and the 90 road between Troutlake and Swift,the worst being about 1/4 mile of it on the 90.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
Y2K
Peg Dragger
Y2K's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: Yacolt,WA

I Ride: 2000 ElectraGlide Classic
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNinjaLVR View Post
By the way.....Who's Gordon?
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by holypiston View Post
I think that is Gifford's younger brother .
....

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
Knee Dragger
FeralRdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Portland, OR
Blog Entries: 2

I Ride: Nap of the Earth
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K View Post
None and Glenwood Canyon is spactacular!
Only gravel was a couple short washouts on the 88 road and the 90 road between Troutlake and Swift,the worst being about 1/4 mile of it on the 90.
I've never been on FS-88. I was under the impression that it eventually turned into gravel somewhere between the FS-90/88 rd jct and Trout Lake itself. Whenever I've been out that way, we have typically traveled West to East on FS-90 and have just stayed on 90 until it becomes FS-23 and then continued on into Trout Lake. FS-23 runs into Mt. Adams Rd/Mt. Adams Recreation HWY about a 1/4 mile north of Trout Lake. Glad to know that there is another interesting route to Trout Lake that isn't a predominately gravel road.

Sounds like you all had a great run.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #16
Peg Dragger
Norainy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
From: Nehalem, Or

I Ride: cause I obey the voices in my head
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by holypiston View Post
I get the feeling you better watch your speed up there this weekend (cougar to Pine Creek). Saw one going up and on the way back w/ my gf (thank god) one white/green vehicle just waiting on the side on the way back down yesterday, while i lofted a 2nd gear power wheelie (just kidding, but a little bump int eh road doesn't hoyt.).

seems like a good weekend for enforcement, if you will.
Forest Service has a no chase policy and no other enforcement up there can keep up with a sportbike, so no problemo

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #17
Y2K
Peg Dragger
Y2K's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: Yacolt,WA

I Ride: 2000 ElectraGlide Classic
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by FeralRdr View Post
I've never been on FS-88. I was under the impression that it eventually turned into gravel somewhere between the FS-90/88 rd jct and Trout Lake itself. Whenever I've been out that way, we have typically traveled West to East on FS-90 and have just stayed on 90 until it becomes FS-23 and then continued on into Trout Lake. FS-23 runs into Mt. Adams Rd/Mt. Adams Recreation HWY about a 1/4 mile north of Trout Lake. Glad to know that there is another interesting route to Trout Lake that isn't a predominately gravel road.

Sounds like you all had a great run.
You get back in there and the road narrows then you see a sign that says "end of pavement" but it's not really,just a short washout that's been graveled.
Not near as bad as the one on 90 between Lower Falls and Curly Creek.
Oh and yeah it was a great ride!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #18
Railer
Mrmat25's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Vancouver, Washington
Blog Entries: 1

I Ride: because it makes me happy.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Norainy View Post
Forest Service has a no chase policy and no other enforcement up there can keep up with a sportbike, so no problemo
Not sure about that one. The one park ranger guy up there in a pick up loves to chase bikes (ask Jen ).

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Washington Riders > Westside > Vancouver


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed