mrmat25

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 08:48 AM   #201
Peg Dragger
Morgan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
From: Issaquah, WA

I Ride: GSXR 1000
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Doc View Post
Not to thread jack, but i'm trying to set up a regular wed night bike night at Timeout in Kirkland. For all that leave this event, why not go to Time out when you finish and have a beer with other late nights peeps..?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&so...5&z=15&iwloc=A

Exit 85th west, go through 2 stop lights. Just past the Wendys on the right. You'll see my Honda...

My number is in my profile.
Most of us live in the North Bend/Snoqualmie/Auburn/Puyallup area so that would be rather far out of the way for us but thank for the info.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 09-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #202
Peg Dragger
Morgan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
From: Issaquah, WA

I Ride: GSXR 1000
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBroose View Post
Man you guys are sissies. This is the second time I'm sitting in Mike's wondering where all the bikers went.Not much of a bike night.

This meet ends way too early for me. If we can make this a legit, all-evening bike NIGHT, I'll keep hauling my happy ass out here from Seattle in the rain. Otherwise, I'll only be able to come if I get off work early.

I don't mean to bitch about it, just put out a feeler to see if anyone else had the same thoughts. Anyone else think we should build this meet up a little? I mean, it's dinner time and I'm eating alone. Lame. Let's make this a real event!
Like MrLegend said we where there for over 2hrs but we left when it was starting to get dark and the rain was moving in. What time did you show up?

I am not at all opposed to moving the bike night to another location that would be closer but the reason that we where doing it out there was because not to many bike nights are held in the Snoqualmie Valley area and we wanted to meet others in the area. But since hardly anyone is showing up anymore I would be more than happy to change locations but since I work in Auburn and live in North Bend it would be cool if it could be somewhere along Hwy 18....thoughts????

Call me next time if you are coming up and I will make sure that we are there 206-313-0933. Sorry we missed you and I can understand if you donít want to come again.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #203
Streetfighter
DasBroose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
From: The DubSea

I Ride: when I think nobody's looking.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Like MrLegend said we where there for over 2hrs but we left when it was starting to get dark and the rain was moving in. What time did you show up?

I am not at all opposed to moving the bike night to another location that would be closer but the reason that we where doing it out there was because not to many bike nights are held in the Snoqualmie Valley area and we wanted to meet others in the area. But since hardly anyone is showing up anymore I would be more than happy to change locations but since I work in Auburn and live in North Bend it would be cool if it could be somewhere along Hwy 18....thoughts????

Call me next time if you are coming up and I will make sure that we are there 206-313-0933. Sorry we missed you and I can understand if you donít want to come again.
I think we just got crossed up. I was actually waiting for the rain to let up in Redmond before heading down. I think the main problem is attendance. If there was bigger turnout, people would arrive at intervals and stay a bit longer. That would mean always someone there between 6:00 and 8 or 9.

I'm not trying talk shit to you guys or anything, I just see this event is having growing pains. Mike's Grill is a cool spot and Mike's a cool dude (Of course, he rides a Triumph!). Live music gets huge points in my book. We just gotta make it a bigger thang!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #204
Streetfighter
DasBroose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
From: The DubSea

I Ride: when I think nobody's looking.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil_Doc View Post
Tonight. It's been in the Westside section all week. Hope you can make it..
D'oh. I was at Mike's. I'll try to come by next week. I used to live in the Rose Hill area, so them's mah old stompin' grounds!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #205
Peg Dragger
Morgan's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
From: Issaquah, WA

I Ride: GSXR 1000
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBroose View Post
I think we just got crossed up. I was actually waiting for the rain to let up in Redmond before heading down. I think the main problem is attendance. If there was bigger turnout, people would arrive at intervals and stay a bit longer. That would mean always someone there between 6:00 and 8 or 9.

I'm not trying talk shit to you guys or anything, I just see this event is having growing pains. Mike's Grill is a cool spot and Mike's a cool dude (Of course, he rides a Triumph!). Live music gets huge points in my book. We just gotta make it a bigger thang!
Ya no hard feelings here I just feel bad that we keep missing each other.

I completely agree about making it bigger but as the summer is winding down the attendance is going something like this: 15-20 people...10...9...8..3, lol

Maybe trying another place might spark more interest...any ideas from anyone? I know that I would welcome some change....and maybe something closer to Issaquah might gain more attendance?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #206
Shredder
Seattle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Renton

I Ride: VFR 750 Street / CRF450 MX / GSXR 750 Track / SX65 Pit
XXX is a winner everytime. I don't understand why it isn't the staple for the north and east side riders bike nights.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #207
Streetfighter
DasBroose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
From: The DubSea

I Ride: when I think nobody's looking.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
XXX is a winner everytime. I don't understand why it isn't the staple for the north and east side riders bike nights.
Seattle has a good point here. How late are they open on weeknights?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #208
Peg Dragger
RumpigCBR's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: Snoqualmie, WA

I Ride: 2008 CBR1000RR
FYI - those of you who made it to Mike's this summer have made history, he's no longer in business. Sad to a see a man's dreams go like that. Will need a new WED standing bike night on the Eastside of the Westside...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #209
Knee Dragger
 
Joined: Apr 2009
From: Bellevue, WA

I Ride: CBR600RR RRRRed.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle View Post
XXX is a winner everytime. I don't understand why it isn't the staple for the north and east side riders bike nights.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBroose View Post
Seattle has a good point here. How late are they open on weeknights?
XXX blows. It makes me sick.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #210
Endorsed
MrLegend's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Puyallup, WA

I Ride: 06 Suzuki SV1000S
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by RumpigCBR View Post
FYI - those of you who made it to Mike's this summer have made history, he's no longer in business. Sad to a see a man's dreams go like that. Will need a new WED standing bike night on the Eastside of the Westside...
Damn that really blows!! I made it out there 4 or 5 times and he was super cool and the food was good too.

Im bummed now

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #211
Jay
Railer
Jay's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
From: Snoqualmie, WA

I Ride: 06 F4i
Yeah that sad that this happened. Great food, times, music and meeting fellow riders. I wish Mike the best.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-12-2009, 05:11 AM   #212
Chicken Strips
busatim's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: north bend,wa

I Ride: 09 ninja 500, 08 crf230l,09 DR650se
XXX is waaayy expensive.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-12-2009, 05:14 AM   #213
Chicken Strips
busatim's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: north bend,wa

I Ride: 09 ninja 500, 08 crf230l,09 DR650se
I know Carnation is a ways but Pete's bar has one Hell of a steak night on Weds. That's where I usually go.

tim

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-12-2009, 12:36 PM   #214
Streetfighter
DasBroose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
From: The DubSea

I Ride: when I think nobody's looking.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by RumpigCBR View Post
FYI - those of you who made it to Mike's this summer have made history, he's no longer in business. Sad to a see a man's dreams go like that. Will need a new WED standing bike night on the Eastside of the Westside...
WHAAAAT?! That's a damn shame! Mike is a cool guy and had the only standing live music night I've been to around here. I made it out a handful of times. My best to him and his erstwhile employees.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #215
Streetfighter
DasBroose's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
From: The DubSea

I Ride: when I think nobody's looking.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by busatim View Post
I know Carnation is a ways but Pete's bar has one Hell of a steak night on Weds. That's where I usually go.

tim
I can get to Carnation just as easy as I can get to Snoqualmie. And I love Pete's. Post it.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 10-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #216
Licensed
KatiScarlet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: Kirkland, WA

I Ride: 07 Yamaha FZ6, 06 Suzuki Boulevard S50
I agree Pete's is excellent and a billion times better than XXX. I have frozen my ass off to ride out there before, but it's always worth it.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Washington Riders > Westside


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed