mrmat25

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #41
Endorsed
smoak's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Kirkland, WA

I Ride: 1982 Yamaha Maxim XJ650
How are you with older bikes? I have an 82 Yamaha Maxim XJ650 that needs new front and rear brake pads installed. I have the parts, just need to install them and I've never done anything like that before. The front pads seem easy; I don't think I even need to take the front wheel off. The back pads are trickier as I have to take the back wheel off to get the new ones on.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 07-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #42
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by smoak View Post
How are you with older bikes? I have an 82 Yamaha Maxim XJ650 that needs new front and rear brake pads installed. I have the parts, just need to install them and I've never done anything like that before. The front pads seem easy; I don't think I even need to take the front wheel off. The back pads are trickier as I have to take the back wheel off to get the new ones on.
Yeah that doesnt sound like a problem. Its good your in kirkland so you dont have to ride that far. Is it squeaking yet?

Give me a call and we can bang that out this week. Numbers in my profile


Andre

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Andre 1000; 07-22-2012 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: number
 
Old 08-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #43
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
Thanks guys. Still doing it. This is getting bigger than I thought It could, and I LOVE IT

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #44
Training Wheels
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Redmond, WA
Experience working on a fz1?
Hi Andre,

I have a 2005 fz1 that I bought recently. Do you have any experience with them. I would like to change the chain and sprockets. Also need to fix a minor oil leak. Let me know if you could help me.

Thanks
Jay.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #45
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
Hi Andre,

I have a 2005 fz1 that I bought recently. Do you have any experience with them. I would like to change the chain and sprockets. Also need to fix a minor oil leak. Let me know if you could help me.

Thanks
Jay.
Yes that's no problem at all, I love doing chains, I have all the tools I need for doing those.


Andre

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #46
Newbie
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Redmond

I Ride: zx1100c3
Sup Andre,

I'm looking to get the chain and sprockets done on my 92 zx1100c2 (thinking of going +2 on the rear) and figure out why my brake lever is sticky. I'll be ready to get the work done on or after the 10th (payday lol). Also I'd appreciate some recommendations on where to get some strong and reliable parts. Thanks man, looking forward to working with and supporting a real person over a dealership.

Ben

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #47
Shredder
bwboley's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
From: Ne Portland/Vancouver

I Ride: 2005 ninja 636 2006 drz400sm
to bad you are not closer i need help getting my grandpas 72 750 running again.
he bought it new and used to to go back anf forth to work till he retired 5 years ago its sat since.

tank needs cleaned carbs fork seals tires not sure what else

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #48
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejj View Post
Sup Andre,

I'm looking to get the chain and sprockets done on my 92 zx1100c2 (thinking of going +2 on the rear) and figure out why my brake lever is sticky. I'll be ready to get the work done on or after the 10th (payday lol). Also I'd appreciate some recommendations on where to get some strong and reliable parts. Thanks man, looking forward to working with and supporting a real person over a dealership.

Ben
Sounds great, can't wait. I always like to support "solomotoparts.com" that's where I by all my stuff. If they don't have it then I guess its off to the dealer.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Andre 1000; 08-04-2012 at 11:11 PM..
 
Old 08-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #49
Permit
04CBR's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
From: Lake Forest Park

I Ride: how my grandma taught me
I highly recommend Andre for anyone who needs some work done. He's very knowledgeable, knows his way around pretty much any bike, and is overall a friendly and chilled out dude. I had a lot of work that needed to be done, big and small, from radiator to stainless steel lines and fairings, and he did it much quicker than I could've ever hoped to do, for a very fair rate.

Thanks again man.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #50
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
Thanks 04CBR, means a lot.


Still going at it. Tune up's, maintenance, custom projects just ask give me a call.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #51
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
Love all the response from everyone, Thanks

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-26-2012, 09:14 PM   #52
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
Should I just keep bumping this thread or make a new one and call it Andres bike repair services?.........

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #53
Endorsed
Mayor R1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Renton, Wa

I Ride: R1/HD
How are you with taking a bolt on supercharger off and restoring the settings on the chip to normal?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #54
Licensed
Darvax's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: Bellevue, Wa

I Ride: GSX-R600 20th Anniversary
I'd keep this thread going, it's a good testament to your skills and lots of PR from those you've helped.

Andrew has worked on my bike twice now and I could not be more pleased with the results. Keep up the good work.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-26-2012, 11:53 PM   #55
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor R1 View Post
How are you with taking a bolt on supercharger off and restoring the settings on the chip to normal?
Yeah, im good with that. Its important that you have all the original parts. That kind of a job its not hard.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #56
Novice Racer
mnewell's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
From: Jacinto

I Ride: Aprilia Mille R, Gixxer 600, Yamaha WR250, Yamaha TTR125
How knowledgeable are you with 2-strokes? I've got an old Yamaha CT175 that was running a few months ago but now won't start.

What's your workload looking like?

Thanks.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 08-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #57
Newbie
 
Joined: Jul 2012
From: Redmond

I Ride: zx1100c3
Worked with Andre today replacing my chain and sprockets, great guy to work with and i look forward to working with him more on future maintenance and projects.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #58
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
bump, for more work.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #59
Licensed
kd7svh's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
From: Dayton, OR

I Ride: '99 Triumph Daytona 955i
I hereby nominate this thread for "Thread of the Millennium".

So awesome to see all the positive support and responses for Andre.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #60
Licensed
Darvax's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
From: Bellevue, Wa

I Ride: GSX-R600 20th Anniversary
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7svh View Post
I hereby nominate this thread for "Thread of the Millennium".

So awesome to see all the positive support and responses for Andre.
I second the motion.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Washington Riders > Westside


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed