mrmat25

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #121
Señor verde
Bluuu's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Kirkland

I Ride: behind the girls.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by gannonjf View Post
I'll throw out the same offer only more local, I don't mind dialing it back for a new guy either.
You arrrrrre a new guy, and I haven't seen you dial it back for yourself yet.

“ Quote:
Originally Posted by gannonjf View Post
Oh yea, you still owe me a boat ride fucker!
Call me. Let's figure out a day that works.

“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantizzle View Post

up north, down south, back east, out west.


EDIT: when do you plan on hitting hwy 20? your route doesn't make sense.


Hey, could happen...maybe...ya never know. They might even leave the gas station parking lot.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Bluuu; 07-14-2012 at 01:12 AM..
 

Old 07-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #122
buttsecz man
dizzle's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Newcastle
Blog Entries: 2

I Ride: like an asian. You scurred yet?
Out. Just woke up. Still drunk.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #123
Endorsed
TedR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Ferndale, WA

I Ride: Big-Block Dinosaurs
Really hoping the post-ride synopsis on this one isn't too...interesting. Their route does sorta make sense...SR9-->SR530-->Join SR20 @ Rockport, if I'm reading it right; not a bad route from the S.
Leadership and logistics are questionable.

SR20 is one of those routes I strongly prefer to ride with a small, skilled group...

Hope they all remember to tank-up in M'mount. FWIW, there IS fuel available at the Mazama store. Yummy snacks and good coffee, too.

.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by TedR; 07-14-2012 at 07:43 AM..
 
Old 07-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #124
Endorsed
RX2RIDE's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: Everett, WA

I Ride: 2013 FZ1, 2009 Honda CRF450X dual sported, 2013 Honda Metropolitan Scooter (wife's)
Hope you have a good, safe ride.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #125
Training Wheels
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: bothell, wa

I Ride: Wait... What was the question?
Good times
Not much traffic
Weather was ok
Good pace



Thanks for stopping and gettting us in Everett. Would of been interesting trying to catch up...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #126
Peg Dragger
take risks's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
From: west coastin

I Ride: with a smile
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle View Post
Out. Just woke up. Still drunk.
nice. considering you dont drink and all.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #127
Peg Dragger
CFlore12's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Seattle

I Ride: "GSXR 1 million "
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeetuna View Post
Good times
Not much traffic
Weather was ok
Good pace



Thanks for stopping and gettting us in Everett. Would of been interesting trying to catch up...
It was fun times, glad you could come on this run with us

I always enjoy riding with you, you are pretty solid

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #128
Shredder
cletus's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: sammamish, wa

I Ride: 2006 Suzuki GSXR 600; 2007 Yamaha FZ1 (the Mrs.'s bike)
Wish I would have gone with you all. I rode down to the Ridge for TOR. After a two hour ride on the interstate, I arrived only to find out that it was canceled due to an incoming storm. Everywhere else was clear and dry. Ugh!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #129
Peg Dragger
CFlore12's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Seattle

I Ride: "GSXR 1 million "
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
Wish I would have gone with you all. I rode down to the Ridge for TOR. After a two hour ride on the interstate, I arrived only to find out that it was canceled due to an incoming storm. Everywhere else was clear and dry. Ugh!
Yeah I ride down to the ridge to do the track days, it's brutal to do track day and ride back to Seattle. :/

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 05:48 PM   #130
Señor verde
Bluuu's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Kirkland

I Ride: behind the girls.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnee1 View Post
Yeah I ride down to the ridge to do the track days, it's brutal to do track day and ride back to Seattle. :/

Wait, whaaa? They let you do track days in your tshirt and back protector?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #131
Moto2 Contender
courier11sec's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
From: where they don't have lawns.

I Ride: on the storm.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluuu View Post
Wait, whaaa? They let you do track days in your tshirt and back protector?
Dude seriously. Enough t shirt and back protector comments from everyone.










Chris does not have a back protector.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #132
Novice Racer
Real Fast Travis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
From: .
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by courier11sec View Post
Dude seriously. Enough t shirt and back protector comments from everyone.










Chris does not have a back protector.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #133
Novice Racer
Real Fast Travis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
From: .
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluuu View Post
Wait, whaaa? They let you do track days in your tshirt and back protector?
Be careful, I hear she rides in the advanced group....

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #134
Licensed
Davidian's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: Tukwila, WA

I Ride: 2007 Ninja 650R
Ok, now that I can post, here I go.

The good:

I had a great time and it was good meeting all of you, you're all great riders. Bryan, thanks for hanging back a few times there to make sure I didn't lose you guys, and Jay, the same and for checking to seeing if I was ok and made it home.

The bad:

I made it very clear that I am a new rider and the "pace" of the ride was "your own", but since when does that mean fucking ditch the new guy? I know you guys waited for me in Marble Mount for 5 minutes, but you still ditched me afterward. It was a good thing I found you guys when I did when I finally made it into Winthrop. But what the fuck was up with the ride back? Was this the "lets see if the new guy can keep up with us" group ride or something? I mean shit, if I had known I was going to get left in the dust, I wouldn't have even came, but I wanted to meet new people and have some fun on the bike with other fellow enthusiasts. For all you guys could have known I could have fucking wiped out and got seriously injured or even killed, but nobody would have known because you guys were long gone and I didn't have any cell reception out there. And also, I got fucking pulled over trying to see if I could catch up to you guys, but thank God I got pulled over by a cool and understanding police officer who obviously saw that I wasn't trying to be a stupid biker and bullshit my way out of speeding when I know that I was, I just didn't know that the speed limit was 35 until I saw him and the sign he was parked behind (he clocked me doing 66 going around a corner when it was 35). So seriously, if you guys aren't willing to dial it back some for a new guy like myself, then fucking make it known. 500 miles mainly by yourself on your FIRST group ride isn't exactly what I call a group ride. It was beautiful up there and I would have loved to take in the scenery, but you kinda can't do that when you don't know where the fuck you are because your group disappeared and you're on a motorcycle.

Seriously not cool. And I saw that nobody even bothered to post or PM me to see if I made it home ok besides Jay. I'm not saying I'm some highly important person, but I was the new guy and got left behind.

So all in all, my bike falling over (I had to pull off because Route 20 splits and I didn't know which direction you went, and I thought I had the kick stand down in the gravel area I was in, but since I didn't the bike fell over, but no damage was done, just a little scuffage to the frame slider) and getting pulled over and then having to slab all the way back to Federal Way by myself wasn't exactly a great first group ride experience.
< / rant >

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #135
Licensed
thrifty's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: Seattle, Wa.
Looks like you learned what "ride your own ride" means....


Groups are for fitting in......

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #136
Defiler of Threads
TRAIL BOSS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Arlington

I Ride: for OPRT with an '07 SXV550 (The Darkness) and a '13 ZX14R (Mjölnir). DGA sucks.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
A couple things:

1. You went on a ride led by chrisnee1. What did you expect?

2. You should always be able to survive on your own if your group ride falls apart. I realize they should have checked on you, but obviously they didn't. Poor form on their part, but you need to be an intrepid enough motorcyclist to be okay with making your way through a mountain pass.

3. Always have everything you need to navigate to your destination. Never rely on others, for this specific reason. Some riders are assholes, and won't wait for the slow guy. You need to be prepared for that.


I'm glad you learned these things the easy way, instead of lying in a ditch somewhere hoping they'd come back. Just remember that only YOU are responsible for yourself. Until you establish a reliable group of good friends to ride with, I'd be very careful on those group rides.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #137
Licensed
Davidian's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: Tukwila, WA

I Ride: 2007 Ninja 650R
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAIL BOSS View Post
A couple things:

1. You went on a ride led by chrisnee1. What did you expect?

2. You should always be able to survive on your own if your group ride falls apart. I realize they should have checked on you, but obviously they didn't. Poor form on their part, but you need to be an intrepid enough motorcyclist to be okay with making your way through a mountain pass.

3. Always have everything you need to navigate to your destination. Never rely on others, for this specific reason. Some riders are assholes, and won't wait for the slow guy. You need to be prepared for that.


I'm glad you learned these things the easy way, instead of lying in a ditch somewhere hoping they'd come back. Just remember that only YOU are responsible for yourself. Until you establish a reliable group of good friends to ride with, I'd be very careful on those group rides.
I would say I did just fine, I mean, I knew which routes we were taking to get to Winthrop, and if I needed, I could have pulled out my iPhone and used GPS (which is my work phone, my personal cell didn't have any reception and is not a smart phone), but I didn't need to, I made my way to Winthrop just fine and met up with them. I know I'm responsible for ME, but to me, if I noticed someone got left behind, I would pull off and wait for them to catch up, or at least head back to see if I could find them if it was taking a while. Maybe I'm a nice guy, I dunno. I mean, that is the whole point of a group ride, ride as a group.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #138
Defiler of Threads
TRAIL BOSS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Arlington

I Ride: for OPRT with an '07 SXV550 (The Darkness) and a '13 ZX14R (Mjölnir). DGA sucks.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
I would say I did just fine, I mean, I knew which routes we were taking to get to Winthrop, and if I needed, I could have pulled out my iPhone and used GPS (which is my work phone, my personal cell didn't have any reception and is not a smart phone), but I didn't need to, I made my way to Winthrop just fine and met up with them. I know I'm responsible for ME, but to me, if I noticed someone got left behind, I would pull off and wait for them to catch up, or at least head back to see if I could find them if it was taking a while. Maybe I'm a nice guy, I dunno. I mean, that is the whole point of a group ride, ride as a group.
I agree with you 100%. I wait for everyone, no matter how slow. I'll even go get gas or trailer someone home from the mountain when they crash. No one should ever be left behind in a group ride, providing the lead rider knows they're there.

My point was that until you know the people you're going on a ride with, don't assume they're anything less than sociopaths who will leave you to die in BFE, and plan accordingly.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #139
Licensed
Davidian's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
From: Tukwila, WA

I Ride: 2007 Ninja 650R
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAIL BOSS View Post
I agree with you 100%. I wait for everyone, no matter how slow. I'll even go get gas or trailer someone home from the mountain when they crash. No one should ever be left behind in a group ride, providing the lead rider knows they're there.

My point was that until you know the people you're going on a ride with, don't assume they're anything less than sociopaths who will leave you to die in BFE, and plan accordingly.
Fair enough sir, I agree with you 100% there. I guess I'll take this as a lesson learned. I know my mother is sleeping better tonight knowing that I'm ok, since she was worried knowing that I was going up in the mountains and being a new rider!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-15-2012, 08:05 PM   #140
Race Qualifier
Runout's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
From: The 206

I Ride: ^^^^^^^^
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAIL BOSS View Post
My point was that until you know the people you're going on a ride with, don't assume they're anything less than sociopaths who will leave you to die in BFE, and plan accordingly.
Bingo. You learned indirectly that being self sufficient, even during a "group" ride is good practice in case you are left behind or decide to leave on your own accord.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Closed Thread

  PNW Riders > Washington Riders > Westside

Tags
eat a sponge gannon


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed