mrmat25

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Licensed
LivnLife4Fun's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Poulsbo, WA

I Ride: that's right, I #^($* RIDE!!!
heli gunship escorting ferry last nite
Anybody else see the brand new orange homeland security heli gunship flying around the ferry while it was entering eagle harbor in bainbridge island last night @ 6pm? Was quite surprised to see the large AF logo on the side and the dude hanging out the door with the .50cal machine gun... wtf? When the escorts aren't around other boats get within 500ft of the ferry all the time...
Surprised there hasn't been anything about the heli gunship in the news, seems like a big deal....

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 09-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
snowshoe kitten... prrr...
yard sale's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: 4to5
Blog Entries: 7

I Ride: slow in the fast lane like everyone else...
you saw this. thought to post about it but failed to snap a single pic?

-disapointed

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #3
Licensed
LivnLife4Fun's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Poulsbo, WA

I Ride: that's right, I #^($* RIDE!!!
not everyone is glued to a fucking camera cellphone...


same model as this one, gunner was hanging out on other side:

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
Licensed
dsett1889's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Snohomish, WA

I Ride: Yes
The boat probably had some sort of high value person that required an air escort. My .02 cents...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
snowshoe kitten... prrr...
yard sale's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
From: 4to5
Blog Entries: 7

I Ride: slow in the fast lane like everyone else...
your thread has gone from pointless to retarded. nice work.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
WMRRA 1st VP
Gotama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: Kent

I Ride: lawnmower
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by dsett1889 View Post
The boat probably had some sort of high value person that required an air escort. My .02 cents...
really
how about no
gee folks
what was yesterday
duh
now department of homeboy security are superstitious f@@ks and the fact that this 9/11 fell on a Tuesday this year just like it did back then
they stepped up patrols just a little

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:28 PM   #7
Seņor verde
Bluuu's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
From: Kirkland

I Ride: behind the girls.
Weekend before last the bainbridge and Bremerton ferries had two coast guard craft escorting each ferry.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
WMRRA 1st VP
Gotama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: Kent

I Ride: lawnmower
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluuu View Post
Weekend before last the bainbridge and Bremerton ferries had two coast guard craft escorting each ferry.
they have been doing that for the past 10 years off and on

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #9
Licensed
dsett1889's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: Snohomish, WA

I Ride: Yes
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotama View Post
really
how about no
gee folks
what was yesterday
duh
now department of homeboy security are superstitious f@@ks and the fact that this 9/11 fell on a Tuesday this year just like it did back then
they stepped up patrols just a little
Good point... but that doesn't explain this

“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluuu View Post
Weekend before last the bainbridge and Bremerton ferries had two coast guard craft escorting each ferry.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
WMRRA 1st VP
Gotama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: Kent

I Ride: lawnmower
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by dsett1889 View Post
Good point... but that doesn't explain this
again they have been doing that for the past 10 years off and on

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #11
Superbiker
1shinysideup's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Seattle

I Ride: 06 600RR
Some of you guys are dense... Scanner said there was a report of transportation of Illegal Gravel. It jumped over and blended with the sea bed so, no evidence

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #12
Licensed
LivnLife4Fun's Avatar
OP
 
Joined: Feb 2010
From: Poulsbo, WA

I Ride: that's right, I #^($* RIDE!!!
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shinysideup View Post
Some of you guys are dense... Scanner said there was a report of transportation of Illegal Gravel. It jumped over and blended with the sea bed so, no evidence
ahaaa suddenly it all makes sense!!!!!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #13
Permit
timbang's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: Bellevue, WA

I Ride: Sprint GT
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shinysideup View Post
some of you guys are dense... Scanner said there was a report of transportation of illegal gravel. It jumped over and blended with the sea bed so, no evidence

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 02:15 PM   #14
Endorsed
millejim's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Portland, OR

I Ride: Aprilia, Ducati
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shinysideup View Post
Some of you guys are dense... Scanner said there was a report of transportation of Illegal Gravel. It jumped over and blended with the sea bed so, no evidence
repped

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #15
Superbiker
Cyndy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
From: Chicagoland

I Ride: 2010 RC8R; 2009 ZX6R; Percheron/Paint (equine variety)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shinysideup View Post
Some of you guys are dense... Scanner said there was a report of transportation of Illegal Gravel. It jumped over and blended with the sea bed so, no evidence

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 03:52 PM   #16
Licensed
inod3's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
From: Shoreline, WA

I Ride: 2002 Suzuki Bandit 600S
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotama View Post
they have been doing that for the past 10 years off and on
What a waste of taxpayer dollars. If we PV the future earnings of an average ferry load of people to determine the value of the people on the boat and then compare it against the cost of all this security, not only on our ferrys but everywhere in the country, all the airports, etc... how can the value of the potential loss of life come anywhere near the price we pay for this paranoia supporting security?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #17
WMRRA 1st VP
Gotama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: Kent

I Ride: lawnmower
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by inod3 View Post
What a waste of taxpayer dollars. If we PV the future earnings of an average ferry load of people to determine the value of the people on the boat and then compare it against the cost of all this security, not only on our ferrys but everywhere in the country, all the airports, etc... how can the value of the potential loss of life come anywhere near the price we pay for this paranoia supporting security?
I kinda agree
the ships crew use to be the first line of defense , but since all those federal dollars needed to be spent well this is what we get
as far as the future earnings of a load compared to the cost of this new world security we are having shoved down our throats
well whats the cost of 1 human life to you?
edited : because some didn't realize that I was kidding around lol

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Gotama; 09-12-2012 at 11:06 PM..
 
Old 09-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
WMRRA 1st VP
Gotama's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: Kent

I Ride: lawnmower
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by LivnLife4Fun View Post
not everyone is glued to a fucking camera cellphone...


same model as this one, gunner was hanging out on other side:
can you not read the side
not air force
its us coast guard

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #19
Novice Racer
coastiepete's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Youngstown NY

I Ride: Speed Triple, GS750, KX 500, 450 EXC-R, KH400, MXZ 700 Renegade
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotama View Post
they have been doing that for the past 10 years off and on

Yup. did it for a while.


FYI, the Helo pictured above is a CG Aircraft. HH-65 Dolphin. And the AF doesn't have them. but the CG does have armed helicopters.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 09-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #20
Peg Dragger
Norainy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
From: Nehalem, Or

I Ride: cause I obey the voices in my head
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotama View Post
they have been doing that for the past 10 years off and on
Can you say, what a fuck of waste of money

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Reply

  PNW Riders > Washington Riders > Westside

Tags
gravel spotted!, ill eagle


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed