Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 12:30 AM   #601
Mr. 500,000
Shrek X's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
From: Out There... some where...

I Ride: VTX
Group 15 is also known as the Cruzzzzer group

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 

Old 07-02-2007, 12:33 AM   #602
Telemark Rider
Motorcycle man's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
From: Outer darkness . . .

I Ride: Nothing for a while now (tear)
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygsxr750 View Post
Lol.... But I like going fast and being at the head of the pack... Plus DJ still needs to take a spin on the back of my bike.
I must be ther to take pics. And Beans, and Jezter, and Slow Eric, and Rev, an a few others with cameras! We WILL have evidence if this goes down!


Get out the parka DJ!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 05:25 AM   #603
Investigates Alternative Destinations
Djoplin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
From: Stanwood

I Ride: Faster 2-up than most by themselves
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygsxr750 View Post
No response DJ?????
Not gonna happen..

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 06:25 AM   #604
Chicken Strips
Sticks n Stones's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: City of Snohomish, washington

I Ride: '06 ZX-14, '02 TL1000R (sold), etc..
Just so I can confirm this it's still 7/7 for the ride, not 7/14 like Seattlesucks posted, right?? Jeez I'm already lost....

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 08:23 AM   #605
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
so would some one tell me what the sweeper do'es? just looks over the group at intersections so we dont get split up? or is it some thing differant?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 08:47 AM   #606
Crazy Bad Ass BITCH
bikenut's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
From: Renton

I Ride: 89 VTR 250
Minds the herd...is someone falls behind YOU go back and get them...you get everyone thru high traffic corners...you basically watch the flock..it you plan on sweeping and have never done a PNW ride I STRONGLY urge you to come to preride meeting - Saturday morning is no time to expain things...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #607
Shredder
Slamster's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
From: Tri-Cities, WA
Blog Entries: 2

I Ride: like I need lessons!
Put me down as a BBQ attendee, but not a rider in group. No bikey! I WAS gonna sign up last week and ride over to the Westside on Friday night, spend the night on the side of the road or where ever, and then ride the "200+ and counting" ride with everyone. Bad news is my bike is still torn apart at a local dealership getting a tranny problem fixed, and I don't think it'll be ready by Friday. ( was kinda surreal seeing my motor/tranny sitting on a workbench, and seeing my bike with it's heart ripped out).
So, I'll be caging it to Yakima. I don't want to miss this. I PM'd Ninja06girl636 to let her know, but haven't seen her on in a few days. Figured if I was to cage it, I could help out with the cooking or set-up or something before everyong rolled in.
See ya's there!
Mike

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #608
Crazy Bad Ass BITCH
bikenut's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
From: Renton

I Ride: 89 VTR 250
WOW - this thread has almos 11,000 hits...thank god their not all coming...so Beans what it the record for hits on one thread?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #609
Investigates Alternative Destinations
Djoplin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
From: Stanwood

I Ride: Faster 2-up than most by themselves
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre 1000 View Post
so would some one tell me what the sweeper do'es? just looks over the group at intersections so we dont get split up? or is it some thing differant?
Lots of things to consider if your planning on being a sweep for any group.. You're the last one in line.. Be there friday and we can go over it..

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 06:04 PM   #610
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoplin View Post
Lots of things to consider if your planning on being a sweep for any group.. You're the last one in line.. Be there friday and we can go over it..
NOooooooo, im not trying to be a sweeper, lol i was just wondering the terms of what it ment? thats all. you guys answerd it for me. thanks

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 06:07 PM   #611
Investigates Alternative Destinations
Djoplin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
From: Stanwood

I Ride: Faster 2-up than most by themselves
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre 1000 View Post
NOooooooo, im not trying to be a sweeper, lol i was just wondering the terms of what it ment? thats all. you guys answerd it for me. thanks
Oh.. Usually it's one of your more experienced riders in the group too. Someone you have their cell #.. Lots of things involved really.. Being able to recognize their bike really helps too.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #612
Mr. 500,000
Shrek X's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
From: Out There... some where...

I Ride: VTX
and the sweeper makes sure everyone is on the road at stopps, basically keeping the head count so nobody gets left behind... with 20 or so riders, its like keeping cats in the same place.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #613
Investigates Alternative Destinations
Djoplin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
From: Stanwood

I Ride: Faster 2-up than most by themselves
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek X View Post
and the sweeper makes sure everyone is on the road at stopps, basically keeping the head count so nobody gets left behind... with 20 or so riders, its like keeping cats in the same place.
Actually, that's the leads responsiblilty.. Making sure everyone is there.
Look for the sweeper and a thumbs up at intersections and different areas/straights along the way.. Sweep is just there to let you know that everyone is there. He's only responsible to let you know that someone has gone down.. That's why he's usually one of your better riders.. So he can catch up and let you know.. Various different signals have been used in the past.. From flashing brights to waving hands around like an idiot to get your attention.. Believe me.. I've seen some interesting signals..

Then you ultimatly have to decide WHO to send back. You don't take the whole group.. How bad the get off was.. If phone calls need to be made.. Usually about at 30second conversation and action taken..

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 08:46 PM   #614
Defiler of Threads
TRAIL BOSS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Arlington

I Ride: for OPRT with an '07 SXV550 (The Darkness) and a '13 ZX14R (Mjölnir). DGA sucks.
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Djoplin View Post
Actually, that's the leads responsiblilty.. Making sure everyone is there.
Look for the sweeper and a thumbs up at intersections and different areas/straights along the way.. Sweep is just there to let you know that everyone is there. He's only responsible to let you know that someone has gone down.. That's why he's usually one of your better riders.. So he can catch up and let you know.. Various different signals have been used in the past.. From flashing brights to waving hands around like an idiot to get your attention.. Believe me.. I've seen some interesting signals..

Then you ultimatly have to decide WHO to send back. You don't take the whole group.. How bad the get off was.. If phone calls need to be made.. Usually about at 30second conversation and action taken..
So forgive my stupid question here... but if a rider goes down in my group, I ride PAST him to tell my leader?

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #615
Investigates Alternative Destinations
Djoplin's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
From: Stanwood

I Ride: Faster 2-up than most by themselves
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAIL BOSS View Post
So forgive my stupid question here... but if a rider goes down in my group, I ride PAST him to tell my leader?
I know.. Kind of a contradiction there huh.. Hopefully someone else sees it too, that can stop and help out.. Generally as a lead I try not to get more than 5-10mi without checking to see where my sweep is.. Especially if we've just been thru a tight set of twisties, less than a mile then.. But ya, ultimately the lead is going to be lookin for your signal.. Try keeping track of 20 or so bikes on a ride.. I've done 24 or so.. Not easily done without a sweep that you can trust and recognize...

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #616
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
great feed back guys! thanks. its all good stuff to know

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #617
Defiler of Threads
TRAIL BOSS's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Arlington

I Ride: for OPRT with an '07 SXV550 (The Darkness) and a '13 ZX14R (Mjölnir). DGA sucks.
I'll most likely send one of my friends in the group to catch the lead so I can administer first aid. I'm not going to leave a rider on the side of the road. I'm hoping that's a situation I won't have to address in the first place.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #618
Pit Crew
RR_Kricket's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
From: port orchard, wa

I Ride: '06 Suzuki GSX-R750, '06 Hayabusa, 2000 tl1000r
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcycle man View Post
I must be ther to take pics. And Beans, and Jezter, and Slow Eric, and Rev, an a few others with cameras! We WILL have evidence if this goes down!


Get out the parka DJ!
I need to remember to put the backseat and back pegs back on the bike just for him...... It will be great....

DJ are you scared??????

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #619
Peg Dragger
Diabolic's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
From: Mill Creek

I Ride: 06 Gixxer
“ Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlesucks View Post

The 100... no wait... 200 rider ride!!!
Date -- Saturday, July 7th.
The Route -- Big Ranier Loop to Yakima

Meetup is at 9am SHARP at RMC.
I was just goin off the official thread... maybe it is 10? 9am but then a quick riders meet (cant imagine it would be an hour...). So maybe 9:30-9:45?

Ahh it , somewhere around 9:30 and 10!

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Old 07-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #620
Chicken Strips
Andre 1000's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: 206
well......im in group five. but i was thinking of bringing a friend with me on the back of my bike???? so now im wondering what group i should fall back into? 10, 11, 12, and so on lol???? ill have to do some searching again to find the right group.

__________________
Follow PNW Riders on Facebook and Twitter
 
Closed Thread

  PNW Riders > Washington Riders > Westside


Thread Tools
Display Modes



/pnwriders @pnwriders PNW Riders RSS Feed